Posted to alt.home.repair

Default From OP: Re Snowblower Problem To HR Bob Hofman et al

Hi,

For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread.
No idea why. Using Thunderbird.
So, will have to start a new one. Sorry.

Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear Pin like the Auger
does ?

I always thought the only shear pins were for the Auger, but can, as
usual, be wrong.

Thanks again,
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2012 12:24 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread.
No idea why. Using Thunderbird.
So, will have to start a new one. Sorry.

Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear Pin like the Auger
does ?

I always thought the only shear pins were for the Auger, but can, as
usual, be wrong.

Thanks again,
Bob

"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2012 12:52 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/31/2012 12:24 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread.
No idea why. Using Thunderbird.
So, will have to start a new one. Sorry.

Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear Pin like the Auger
does ?

I always thought the only shear pins were for the Auger, but can, as
usual, be wrong.

Thanks again,
Bob

"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.

Just right click the area where the buttons are located and click
"customize"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2012 1:10 PM, George wrote:
On 12/31/2012 12:52 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/31/2012 12:24 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread.
No idea why. Using Thunderbird.
So, will have to start a new one. Sorry.

Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear Pin like the Auger
does ?

I always thought the only shear pins were for the Auger, but can, as
usual, be wrong.

Thanks again,
Bob

"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.

Just right click the area where the buttons are located and click
"customize"

I've been trying that but unable to remove reply.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:24:11 -0500, Bob wrote:

Hi,

For some reason I just can't simply append to the original Thread.
No idea why. Using Thunderbird.
So, will have to start a new one. Sorry.

Does the Ariens Snowblower Impeller also have a Shear Pin like the Auger
does ?

I always thought the only shear pins were for the Auger, but can, as
usual, be wrong.

Thanks again,
Bob

There is a roll pin holding the impeller to the shaft on MOST ariens
blowers. Not supposed to act as a shear pin - but has been known to
fail that way - particularly if yoy pick up a rock or a REAL hard
chunk of ice and it jams in hard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-31-2012 12:52, Frank wrote:
"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.

"Reply" in every version of Thunderbird I've used for ten years does
exactly what I expect and was used to start this post.

--
Wes Groleau

People would have more leisure time if it weren't
for all the leisure-time activities that use it up.
€” Peg Bracken
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/12 7:15 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-31-2012 12:52, Frank wrote:
"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.

"Reply" in every version of Thunderbird I've used for ten years does
exactly what I expect and was used to start this post.

I have Thunderbird 17.0. The reply button sends the reply to
email. Followup goes to the newsgroup. I don't think I've messed with
any of the default settings.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12-31-2012 20:22, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 12/31/12 7:15 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-31-2012 12:52, Frank wrote:
"Reply" in TB goes to email. You have to use "Followup". I've been
trying to remove the Reply in using ng's but yet to figure it out.

"Reply" in every version of Thunderbird I've used for ten years does
exactly what I expect and was used to start this post.

I have Thunderbird 17.0. The reply button sends the reply to
email. Followup goes to the newsgroup. I don't think I've messed with
any of the default settings.

Reply icon on my toolbar is what starts most of my posts.

Then menu offers
"reply to sender only" which is email,
"reply to list" which I would have thought the same as the icon,
but is grayed out, and
"reply to all" which is both.

It also has "followup to list" which I expected to add a follow-up
header, but instead does exactly what the icon does.

This is 27.0 and it has always been like that for me, even on FreeBSD
and Windows a decade ago. I searched the prefs for a way to change it
and didn't find one.

--
Wes Groleau

€œIn the field of language teaching, Method A is the logical
contradiction of Method B: if the assumptions from which
A claims to be derived are correct, then B cannot work,
and vice versa. Yet one colleague is getting excellent
results with A and another is getting comparable results
with B. How is this possible?€
€” Earl W. Stevick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2012 10:55 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Just hit CTRL-R and it does everything automatically without having to
dig through menus or squint at the little buttons (I actually removed
all of the buttons on mine because they're just annoying).

Jon
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/31/2012 10:37 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
[...]

That's good to know. I recall getting rid of the reply button on TB
before but this must be a new version.

Frank