Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sanding and refinishing 65 year old wood floor

I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from.. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring assn.)? Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 30, 3:56*pm, wrote:
I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring assn.)? Thanks.

check with folks in the neighborhood for a good referral & a chance to
see their work

I did business with this firm ~25 years ago

If Benjamin is still involved... he was pretty much an expert then,
he'll even know more now.

Benjamin's Hardwood Floorsmore
3844 East Foothill Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626) 796-0222

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:33:58 PM UTC-8, DD_BobK wrote:
On Dec 30, 3:56*pm, wrote:

I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring assn.)? Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check out his business.

Bob.