Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com is offline

Default Sanding and refinishing 65 year old wood floor

I want to restore our wood floor that's been covered by carpeting for 60 years. I think it's red oak. Some of the wood is splintered and other areas show termite and/or beetle damage, and also water damage Rather than tackle this job myself, i'd like to hire someone. The trouble is everyone's an "expert". I live in Los Angeles and there's lots of contractors to choose from.. Should I hire a contractor accredited with NWFA, (Nat'l Wood Flooring assn.)? Thanks.