Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT -Where are all the free calendays?

Usually by this time of year I have received several calendars for the
coming year, and many banks have piles laying around to be picked up.
Has the internet obsoleted the lowly calendar? Besides my computer,
I have a paper calendar that I use as a backstop for when I don't want
to turn on my computer to check a date, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cost cutting.

Senior Member

I expect Dennis Gauge is correct.

Years ago everyone used to give out calendars, but not so anymore.

I still have some suppliers that give out calanders, but now they have 2 or 3 different kinds published; not just one kind. One has vintage cars on it, another scantily clad women and the third shows animals in the wild. My mother always wants me to bring home free calanders around the new year so she can give them to my two sisters. She thinks it's a big deal to get a free calander. Of course, I have the good sense not to bring back calanders showing scantily clad young women for my mother to give my sisters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

IT'S A SIGN OF THE TIMES...

CYBERSPACE HAS TAKEN OVER OUR OLD WAY OF DOING BUSINESS...

BUNCH OF BS, IF YOU ASK ME.

I KNOW...I KNOW...NOBODY ASKED ME.... SO, FROM ME TO YOU....

GO F___ YOURSELF!

SORRY...I DIDN'T MEAN THAT

Senior Member

Have another drink, Papa Pat.

?!?!?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:32:46 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
Years ago everyone used to give out calendars, but not so anymore.

Plenty of calendars at the stores, and they could sure use your business. After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 12:49*pm, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:32:46 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
Years ago everyone used to give out calendars, but not so anymore.

Plenty of calendars at the stores, and they could sure use your business. After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.

only the 2012 are 1/2 price.

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr(bob) [email
only the 2012 are 1/2 price.
Yeah, and buying last year's calendar is kinda like buying yesterday's newspaper.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/2012 05:36 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Dec 27, 12:49 pm, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:32:46 PM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
Years ago everyone used to give out calendars, but not so anymore.

Plenty of calendars at the stores, and they could sure use your business. After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.

only the 2012 are 1/2 price.

They'll be good again in 27 years.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If judged only by the results that challenge the laws of probabilities,
then the power of prayer is nil." [Judith Hayes, U.S. freethinker,
author]