Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Very Wet Christmas

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, that's not a white Xmas.
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USAL0054

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Colorado (central) White Christmas this morning and 19 degrees. Shoveled
the snow off the deck. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

WW wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Colorado (central) White Christmas this morning and 19 degrees.
Shoveled the snow off the deck. WW

Hi,
Calgary Alberta, -11F deg. sure white Christmas. No wind. All is well
and peaceful. Busy filling the bird seeds. lots of pheasants, white
hares coming to the back yard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Stay safe !!!

Back in the first of 2012 my late roommate was sitting on the living
room couch during a severe thunderstorm when a 6" diameter limb punched
through the roof and ceiling 6' from him and Sandy The Barking Rat. The
roof and ceilings in the house weren't repaired for quite a while but
they are now. It makes a lot of difference with the ceilings back in.
I've been watching a movie or TV when a limb landed on the roof, it
sounds like a big truck crashing into the house and really rattles the
whole place. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 26, 1:25*am, The Daring Dufas the-daring-du...@stinky-
finger.net wrote:
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Well it's raining in Birmingham UK too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

I'm in east Texas. We had a thunderstorm Christmas morning and rain most
of the day. Then came a surprise. It snowed. Some people said it's been
100 years since we had snow on Christmas here.

BTW, we also had about 6 unexplained power outages. They were short and
there were no problems when the power was out. It was when it came back
on and I had to deal with all the electronic equipment with amnesia
(mostly they forget to be on). At least the central heat doesn't have
that problem.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2012 8:28 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

I'm in east Texas. We had a thunderstorm Christmas morning and rain most
of the day. Then came a surprise. It snowed. Some people said it's been
100 years since we had snow on Christmas here.

BTW, we also had about 6 unexplained power outages. They were short and
there were no problems when the power was out. It was when it came back
on and I had to deal with all the electronic equipment with amnesia
(mostly they forget to be on). At least the central heat doesn't have
that problem.

I have a half dozen UPS units and surge arresters hooked to the
sensitive electronics for that reason. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Stay safe !!!

Back in the first of 2012 my late roommate was sitting on the living
room couch during a severe thunderstorm when a 6" diameter limb punched
through the roof and ceiling 6' from him and Sandy The Barking Rat. The
roof and ceilings in the house weren't repaired for quite a while but
they are now. It makes a lot of difference with the ceilings back in.
I've been watching a movie or TV when a limb landed on the roof, it
sounds like a big truck crashing into the house and really rattles the
whole place. ^_^

One more reason to clear trees from around the house.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

We're a couple of hours (weather) behind you. It didn't start until
about midnight last night and it just ended. The temperature is
dropping like a rock. It's 50F!

Posted to alt.home.repair

The last couple times I've been sick, it's also been
account of sick kids. Totally no fun, at all.

Sorry to hear that people take sick kids any where.
Ought to keep them home.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

A few weeks ago, my roommate did some work on the
phone system at a pediatricians office and guess what he
brought home? I'm still getting over the crud. It was a
week before I was able to run any service calls and it
darn near killed me. I got home from a short call and felt
like a group of gang bangers gave me a tuneup with
baseball bats. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The last couple times I've been sick, it's also been
account of sick kids. Totally no fun, at all.

Sorry to hear that people take sick kids any where.
Ought to keep them home.

Imagine the nerve of people taking their sick kids to a pediatrician, talk
about a lot of nerve. What next, car accident victims to an emergency room?

--
PV

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and
drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

- Aristophanes

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

A few weeks ago, my roommate did some work on the
phone system at a pediatricians office and guess what he
brought home? I'm still getting over the crud. It was a
week before I was able to run any service calls and it
darn near killed me. I got home from a short call and felt
like a group of gang bangers gave me a tuneup with
baseball bats. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:39:57 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

WW wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message ...

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Colorado (central) White Christmas this morning and 19 degrees.
Shoveled the snow off the deck. WW

Hi,
Calgary Alberta, -11F deg. sure white Christmas. No wind. All is well
and peaceful. Busy filling the bird seeds. lots of pheasants, white
hares coming to the back yard.

Here in Waterloo Ontario just a dusting of snow - -2C and a "stiff
breeze"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Reminds me of Florida. Rains so hard the frogs can drown. Rain drops
the size of 50 cents pieces make you think the windshield will break.
You can't see past the car hood.

We had a nice day out west. The dead cow piece I cooked on the smoker
turned out "perfect", according to the bride. I prefer it a bit more
bleeding.

Where was Sandy in the storm, your lap?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, bleeding people should stay home, too.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote in message
Sorry to hear that people take sick kids any where.
Ought to keep them home.

Imagine the nerve of people taking their sick kids to a pediatrician, talk
about a lot of nerve. What next, car accident victims to an emergency room?

--
PV

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 12:54:38 -0500, wrote:

It was 80 and sunny here. We loaded everyone up on the boat and went
out for a Christmas day walk on the beach.

Oh, just rub it in why don't cha
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

Reminds me of Florida. Rains so hard the frogs can drown. Rain drops
the size of 50 cents pieces make you think the windshield will break.
You can't see past the car hood.

We had a nice day out west. The dead cow piece I cooked on the smoker
turned out "perfect", according to the bride. I prefer it a bit more
bleeding.

Where was Sandy in the storm, your lap?

The little critter was under a blanket on the couch. We have to be
careful around here before sitting down because a towel or jacket
could be concealing a barking rat. Sandy often barks at thunder. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Dec 2012 16:04:46 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

The little critter was under a blanket on the couch. We have to be
careful around here before sitting down because a towel or jacket
could be concealing a barking rat. Sandy often barks at thunder. ^_^

TDD

She sounds like an "assault critter". Born in Alabama.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The little critter was under a blanket on the couch. We have to be
careful around here before sitting down because a towel or jacket
could be concealing a barking rat. Sandy often barks at thunder. ^_^

TDD

She sounds like an "assault critter". Born in Alabama.

My thumb is bigger than her whole snout and those tiny teeth are like
needles. The only time I might get bitten is when I hand her a chicken
bone and that's only because she's so excited to get one. I don't think
of Sandy as a real dog, I once owned a Weimaraner that I raised from a
pup, he was a real dog. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

I have a half dozen UPS units and surge arresters hooked to the
sensitive electronics for that reason. ^_^

TDD

I do have a couple of UPS units for the more important stuff. Even
though these failures were less than an hour each, UPS battery change
was too low to be very useful, considering the previous outages.

Also, I get tired of replacing UPS batteries every year or so.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"If judged only by the results that challenge the laws of probabilities,
then the power of prayer is nil." [Judith Hayes, U.S. freethinker,
author

Belated Merry Christmas. Best Wishes For The Coming YearGiven the state of the economy, I'm betting a lot of Christmas gifts - came from your lathe(s) - and that you found being a Santa's Elf fun and satisfying. I hope the coming year is more prosep charlie b Woodturning 1 December 29th 10 02:12 AM
Christmas Eve Claire Towny UK diy 71 December 28th 09 02:47 PM
Christmas project plans -- Christmas Pyramid Plans - TIA Happiness is[_2_] Woodworking 0 April 15th 09 03:13 PM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
What did you get for Christmas? Terry Home Repair 5 December 26th 07 03:05 AM