Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, A Very Wet Christmas

On 12/26/2012 8:28 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
It's 56°F and raining hogs and frogs here in Birmingham, AL right now.
Lots of thunder and lightning. Frack! That one was close, it shook the
whole house! O_o

TDD

I'm in east Texas. We had a thunderstorm Christmas morning and rain most
of the day. Then came a surprise. It snowed. Some people said it's been
100 years since we had snow on Christmas here.

BTW, we also had about 6 unexplained power outages. They were short and
there were no problems when the power was out. It was when it came back
on and I had to deal with all the electronic equipment with amnesia
(mostly they forget to be on). At least the central heat doesn't have
that problem.

I have a half dozen UPS units and surge arresters hooked to the
sensitive electronics for that reason. ^_^

TDD