Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anyone know where

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2012 4:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Everyone is affected by the horror of current events so cut folks a
little slack. If the murder of the children and staff at the school
doesn't make you heartsick you are a poor excuse for a human being.
Give the people with feelings time to grieve and cool off then you
will see the discussion turn back to more posts involving home repair
and improvement. The discussions are always going to be like what you
would hear out of a group of people hanging out at the supply house
so there's nothing out of the ordinary for tangents zooming into outer
space. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Look in the yellow pages for gun stores, and go ask there. They need a bit
of diversion from all the massacre talk.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Bob-tx" No-spam@this-address wrote in message
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 18, 7:06*am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. *With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. *Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

It's not the questions that annoy some of us. It's all
the clueless folks with little or no knowledge of guns
and gun laws, that are telling us all how some new
law is going to fix things. A personal favorite of mine
is the silly notion that banning high capacity magazines
is going to make a difference in mass shootings.
As soon as someone comes up with that one, it's the
sure sign of an ignoramus.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FAIL: Post without rational subject-line (was: Anyone know where)

Bob-tx wrote a post without making coherent use of the subject line.

Bob's post - FAIL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Ask your question. Hopefully you'll get one or two useful answers
before the thread turns into a gun advocacy debate.

Good luck!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 04:16:35 -0600, "Bob-tx" No-spam@this-address
wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Yes.

Certainly not here.

Projects are for weekends.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:56:43 -0500, diy savant wrote:

before the thread turns into a gun advocacy debate.

There is no debate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 06:03:26 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Dec 18, 7:06*am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. *With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. *Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

It's not the questions that annoy some of us. It's all
the clueless folks with little or no knowledge of guns
and gun laws, that are telling us all how some new
law is going to fix things. A personal favorite of mine
is the silly notion that banning high capacity magazines
is going to make a difference in mass shootings.
As soon as someone comes up with that one, it's the
sure sign of an ignoramus.

Sure we all need assault weapons and ammo to shoot faster LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So you admit that your position is that since *you* don't think *I*
have a "need", you have the right to take away my rights, even though
(again, you admit that) restricting *my* rights does nothing to solve
your *perceived* problem? Typical leftist nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

your *perceived* problem? *Typical leftist nonsense.- Hide quoted text -

More importantly he's apparently one of those that has no
knowledge of these weapons. If he did, he'd understand how
the very same thing could have been achieved with most of
the weapons found in responsible gun owner's homes across
the country. How hard for example does he think it would be
to do the exact same thing using just the Glock pistol and standard
capacity magazines? A Glock that is typical of the tens of
millions of pistols in homes, carried legally, etc. And perhaps sine
he's
using the term "assalut weapon, he can give us the definition,
something the rest of the libs that went into hiding have been
unable to do.

Don't hold your breath.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 18, 4:06*am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. *With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. *Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault
weapon" so you must have the answer:

Define "assault weapon".

Harry K
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Most of the time, the OT threads become obvious, and are easily ignored.

I'm also impressed, the on topic and helpful information found here. I do go
off topic now and again, but most of the time I'm a good ng'er.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Frank" wrote in message
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.

"Frank" wrote in message
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.

It should be no surprise that when a tragedy hits, the trolls and
blood-dancers and other assorted vermin crawl out of the woodwork for a
short while. only to disappear after they've been kicked hard enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:48:18 -0500, Frank
wrote:

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.

-- National tragedies get discussed here

-- Posters here can multi-task

-- The place is like an asylum with the inmates in charge

No. Wait! Cancel my last.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:01:28 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Look in the yellow pages for gun stores, and go ask there. They need a bit of diversion from all the massacre talk. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . "Bob-tx" No-spam@this-address wrote in message ... I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project? Certainly not here.

I stopped at a gun store on the way home yesterday, figuring I'd be the only one there on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was packed; I couldn't get up to the counter, so I left. Maybe things will calm down next week.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you get your home repair question answered?

Think the rush might have bean account of the
rumor that the Fed will ban all guns, soon?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Pavel314" wrote in message

I stopped at a gun store on the way home yesterday, figuring I'd be the only
one there on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was packed; I couldn't get up to
the counter, so I left. Maybe things will calm down next week.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.

-- National tragedies get discussed here

-- Posters here can multi-task

-- The place is like an asylum with the inmates in charge

No. Wait! Cancel my last.

Yeah, I see no indications that ANYONE (inmates or otherwise) is in
charge (grin)
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your steel toed combat boots are doing a
kick ass job.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

" Attila Iskander" wrote in message

It should be no surprise that when a tragedy hits,
the trolls and blood-dancers and other assorted
vermin crawl out of the woodwork for a short while.
only to disappear after they've been kicked hard enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:24:56 -0800, Oren wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Doug can't tell me which laws need change or what is wrong with
current law. I've asked him more than a few times.

If I said the current laws don't need to be changed or modified, would
you agree ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Typical BS as usual. *- Hide quoted text -

Your depth of knowledge and wisdom on the subject
continue to impress us..... Care to define "assault weapon"
for us?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 4:06 am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault
weapon" so you must have the answer:

Define "assault weapon".

Harry K

Come on, didn't you know, it's a weapon that assaults. After all, it is the
weapon, not the person that kills. Now, if we can only control the minds of
those weapons, we could reduce crime.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:18:27 -0600, Doug
wrote:

Doug can't tell me which laws need change or what is wrong with
current law. I've asked him more than a few times.

If I said the current laws don't need to be changed or modified, would
you agree ?

You would have some explaining to do, first.

You subscribe to the notion that doing something is better than doing
nothing. A band-aid approach. No facts.

What do you want to change in gun laws? Stay on the question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If by "modified" you mean made stricter, *absolutely* I disagree. If
you mean that guns should be *easier* to carry, then we can talk. The
question is whether you want to fix the problem or play politics with
children's corpses.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Typical BS as usual.

From you, absolutely. You continue to refuse to answer the questions.
You have the same "answer", no matter what the question.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why don't you just go back and answer honestly all the questions that were
asked you instead of constantly trying to weasel away from them
You'd end up being more credible and have a better chance of being taken
seriously
That is IF you actually want to be taken seriously.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

What you really means is that
a) you didn't understand the answer
b) It was not the answer you wanted

No one here thinks YOU need anything
In particular "assault weapons( whatever you mean by that) and ammo
You don't appear mature enough to qualify
But JUST BECAUSE YOU do NOT qualify, is not a reason to declare that others
either don't need such (undefined assault weapons) or can't have them even
if they don't "need" them as per YOUR definition of "need".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
" Attila Iskander" wrote in message

It should be no surprise that when a tragedy hits,
the trolls and blood-dancers and other assorted
vermin crawl out of the woodwork for a short while.
only to disappear after they've been kicked hard enough.

Your steel toed combat boots are doing a
kick ass job.

But I haven't yet put on my boots yet..
I'm still wearing my fluffy-bunny slippers

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:24:13 -0800 (PST), Pavel314
wrote:

I stopped at a gun store on the way home yesterday, figuring I'd be the only one there on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was packed; I couldn't get up to the counter, so I left. Maybe things will calm down next week.

Calm down by next week? Do you really think that? Guns are flying off
the shelves. Some are pink.

Get back in line and wait your turn, now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Meanie" wrote in message ...

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 4:06 am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault
weapon" so you must have the answer:

Define "assault weapon".

Harry K

Come on, didn't you know, it's a weapon that assaults. After all, it is
the weapon, not the person that kills. Now, if we can only control the
minds of those weapons, we could reduce crime.

AHA !

Finally a CLEAR definition of "assault weapon"

OOOO boy...
That means that I actually have my grandmother's 16" assault deep cast iron
frying pan..

I remember when she used it to whack some slightly inebriated dude at a
church dinner, who put his hand on her in an inappropriate fashion.
She actually slammed it backhanded, bottom-first into his chest.
The guy went down hard.
As he sat there, she then turned to my grandfather and said with her
sweetest voice:
"Oh sorry dear, I didn't leave you any.."
He looked down at the guy, still huffing for breath on the ground and said:
"That's OK dear. There wasn't that much anyway..."
A couple of other members showed up by then and literally grabbed the guy
under the arms and dragged him, with his heels dragging to the entrance and
dumped him on the sidewalk

I think I was about 9 at the time.
I never gave her any trouble that I can think of after that incident.

Isn't it funny how memories are triggered by the strangest cues ?

Senior Member

People get to know each other in these forums, and so friendships develop.

It's normal to discuss things like that Newtown massacre with your friends.

I would be surprised if news like that happened without anyone saying anything about it in here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Look in the yellow pages for gun stores, and go ask there. They
need a bit of diversion from all the massacre talk. Christopher A.
Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . "Bob-tx"
No-spam@this-address wrote in message
... I can get a
bit of advice on a DIY project? Certainly not here.

I stopped at a gun store on the way home yesterday, figuring I'd be
the only one there on a Tuesday afternoon. The place was packed; I
couldn't get up to the counter, so I left. Maybe things will calm
down next week.

Walmart is running out of guns.
http://tinyurl.com/aochw22

Posted to alt.home.repair

That helps explain the static electricity
sparks between his cavities.

There was a big man opposed to quippers
The trolls his mouth said to zipper
The troll kept writing "fark, farking"
His fillings, they kept lightning sparking
Atilla, keeps using his fuzzy bunny slippers

P.S. And lightning shot out of his.....

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

" Attila Iskander" wrote in message

Your steel toed combat boots are doing a
kick ass job.

But I haven't yet put on my boots yet..
I'm still wearing my fluffy-bunny slippers

Posted to alt.home.repair

There once was a granny with frypan
Who met a man who was gropin
She went and backhand
With heavy blackpan
And now, he is definitely broken

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/18/12 4:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:
I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It looks like my neighbors and I have some DIY ahead. We're
getting a healthy dose of snow and wind in south central Nebraska.
The tool of choice for me is a hand operated scoop shovel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 00:55:52 +0000, nestork
wrote:

People get to know each other in these forums, and so friendships
develop.

It's normal to discuss things like that Newtown massacre with your
friends.

I would be surprised if news like that happened without anyone saying
anything about it in here.

Excellent points.

We even discussed the Costa Concordia Luxury Cruise Ship disaster.

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2012/01/Cruise-Ship-Sinking.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:15:36 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

wrote:

Considering that this is one of the most used ng's it has remained
remarkably on topic.

-- National tragedies get discussed here

-- Posters here can multi-task

-- The place is like an asylum with the inmates in charge

No. Wait! Cancel my last.

Yeah, I see no indications that ANYONE (inmates or otherwise) is in
charge (grin)

Surely true.

Amongst this bunch the whole world of problems can be solved. Just
watch :-\