Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default Anyone know where

"Meanie" wrote in message ...

"Harry K" wrote in message
On Dec 18, 4:06 am, Norminn wrote:
On 12/18/2012 5:16 AM, Bob-tx wrote:

I can get a bit of advice on a DIY project?

Certainly not here.

It happens from time to time. With the stress of recent events, and the
mere THOUGHT of limiting gun ownership, collective minds have turned to
the Constitution for reassurance. Unless you have a question never
asked before, you might be called a moron and told to "Google it".

You have a request still waiting for an answer. You are anti "assault
weapon" so you must have the answer:

Define "assault weapon".

Harry K

Come on, didn't you know, it's a weapon that assaults. After all, it is
the weapon, not the person that kills. Now, if we can only control the
minds of those weapons, we could reduce crime.

AHA !

Finally a CLEAR definition of "assault weapon"

OOOO boy...
That means that I actually have my grandmother's 16" assault deep cast iron
frying pan..

I remember when she used it to whack some slightly inebriated dude at a
church dinner, who put his hand on her in an inappropriate fashion.
She actually slammed it backhanded, bottom-first into his chest.
The guy went down hard.
As he sat there, she then turned to my grandfather and said with her
sweetest voice:
"Oh sorry dear, I didn't leave you any.."
He looked down at the guy, still huffing for breath on the ground and said:
"That's OK dear. There wasn't that much anyway..."
A couple of other members showed up by then and literally grabbed the guy
under the arms and dragged him, with his heels dragging to the entrance and
dumped him on the sidewalk

I think I was about 9 at the time.
I never gave her any trouble that I can think of after that incident.

Isn't it funny how memories are triggered by the strangest cues ?