Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Labeling Parts Bins

I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/12 3:30 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.

You mean like these ?

http://www.zorotools.com/g/Label%20Adhesive/00116757/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2012 04:40 PM, Retired wrote:
On 12/15/12 3:30 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost
their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label
makers are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.

You mean like these ?

http://www.zorotools.com/g/Label%20Adhesive/00116757/

In a cheap fashion, I've found that the metal foil duct tape and a
sharpie make good permanent-ish labels for the storage totes that I've
been using to organize seldom-used tools, car parts, etc.

If you want something more professional-looking, P-Touch is pretty much
what all electricians are using these days to tag wires, label
equipment, etc. when there's no requirement for engraved Micarta labels.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:

I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers
are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.

For those bins, I use card stock (3 x 5 note cards work fine for the
small bins) cut to the appropriate size. I like the slip-in labels, so I
can re-label at will without the mess of stick-on or write-on labeling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/15/2012 4:40 PM, Retired wrote:
On 12/15/12 3:30 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.

You mean like these ?

http://www.zorotools.com/g/Label%20Adhesive/00116757/

Those look great. The idea to use a P-Touch is not a bad one, either. I'd
forgotten that I have a P-Touch printer (the type that connects to a computer)
that I've never used. Thanks for the reminder!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/16/2012 5:37 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
On 12/15/2012 4:40 PM, Retired wrote:
On 12/15/12 3:30 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
I need to re-label some Akro-Mils parts bins. The old labels have lost their
adhesion and fallen off. What options are there? Dymo embossing label makers are
out as are the Dymo thermal printers.

You mean like these ?

http://www.zorotools.com/g/Label%20Adhesive/00116757/

Those look great. The idea to use a P-Touch is not a bad one, either. I'd
forgotten that I have a P-Touch printer (the type that connects to a computer)
that I've never used. Thanks for the reminder!

I have to make labels for just about every job and I have several
expensive wiz bang label makers for making labels but the machine
I use the most is the little P-Touch I picked up out of a discount
bin at a big box store for $14.00. I just bought a replacement tape
cartridge at Office Depot and it cost $12.00. The labels are quite
versatile and I use them to label phone/data jacks, wires, patch panels
and equipment. Brother PT-70 is sold at Walmart. ^_^

http://www.brother-usa.com/ptouch/mo...PRODUCTID=PT70

http://tinyurl.com/d2qvgnk

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Brother-In...-Labe/10993507

http://tinyurl.com/ctuvktc