Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique

Default OT - Plastic Parts bins

I just bought a large, old, automotive parts shelf that has a *lot* of
plastic bins in it. 162 of them, to be exact. The piece is really
cool. It's an old Imperial Brass Manufacturing Company storage unit,
and it's in excellent shape. Having lived in an auto shop all it's
life it acquired a nice coat of rust proofing!

The bulk of the plastic bins/trays are perfect - they washed up almost
dead clear. A bunch of them, however, were cracked or broken. I'd
like to replace these, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a source
for hard, clear, pull-out plastic parts trays. These are roughly 2"
deep, 3" wide and 7" long, and have a small lip on the bottom of the
front (to pull it out) and another small lip on the top of the back to
prevent it from pulling straight out from the shelf.

I've done some googling but haven't found a match yet. Thanks.

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett

Jay Pique wrote:
[...]

See if Akro-Mills in Akron, OH is still in business.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ

JP

Use some PVC pipe cement to repair these. Takes about 24 hours to
setup.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

On 16 Nov 2005 16:03:34 -0800, "Jay Pique" wrote:

[...]

Depends upon the size, but you might check out www.northerntool.com they
have some parts shelves with plastic bins and IIRC, you can buy replacement
bins from them.