Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,comp.cad.solidworks,alt.home.repair

Default U.S. is set to slide from third to fifth place in the world's competitive manufacturing rankings

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
http://www.manufacturing-executive.c...sage/3691#3691

I didn't read the article yet, but I'm surprised we're even in 5th....
Twinkies has made the news big-time, but there are tons of layoffs you don't
hear about: Xerox, big hospitals, you name it, THOUSANDS of laid off
workers, in one shot from single companies, with increasingly poor severance
packages.

Having said that, I'm sure the US is numero uno in anything military,
high-tech ****.
But we're getting killed in HD-type products. Did you know that even
Milwaukee tools are now made in china (their 12 V drivers, etc) ???
WTF????? I'll have to check porter cable, bosch, etc.

I think the US economy is going to shift toward the 99% simply fellating the
rich, in sundry styles/positions, via the service industry. Maid/cleaning
services in Manhattan are no doubt thru the roof, private tutoring,
landscaping (up the fukn kazoo where I am, holy **** -- I didn't know dead
leaves were TOXIC!!! ), etc.

The repair industry will proly do well, altho with Ante of Complexity thru
the roof, even that may be swallowed up by the CorPirate Conglomerate.

Unions are getting killed, we are proly headed for minimum wage for the 99%,
in Tent Cities.
Sheeit, you cain't even work as a telemarketer, unless you move to India.

Now, having said that, here's a funny story:
My buddy's daughter, just graduated in EE, and walked into a $60K job in....
an India-owned company, operating in the US (NJ).... with deeeee-licious
bennies.... luxurious working conditions..... like working, uh, at
*home* -- part of the time.
Go figger....
--
EA

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,comp.cad.solidworks,alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 11:40*am, "Existential Angst" wrote:
[...]

If you're looking for quality suggest you check out Festool. Best
saws, routers, sanders, dust extraction, joiners, etc. I've ever
used.

http://www.festool.com/EN/About-us/P...n-Germany.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSE2FM5zmQ

Black and Decker now owns Porter Cable.

Bosch makes a good deal of its products in Mexico.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,comp.cad.solidworks,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 14:40:48 -0500, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

[...]

We have been seeing companies letting..requiring their employees ..to
work out of their homes or other "cheap" offices for many years.

My sister is an engineer for Detrioit Edison who retired a couple
years ago after 25+, Much of her work time was wherever she
wanted..but it had to have internet acess or VRP acess.

She had an actual office..but it was a pain in the ass to drive to and
in a bad neighborhood (Detroit...shrug)

It makes a tremendous amount of sense to allow your people to work out
of their homes. Saves a ****load on water/power/sanitation etc etc and
it doesnt require a huge ****ing building site and high property taxes
that go with it.

This only..only applies to engineering and front office people of
course. Unless they are production of hard goods they really can in
many cases, work from home. Computers/internet/video all make a huge
difference these days.

Gunner

1. Lie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/4/2012 5:12 PM, Gunner wrote:

1. Lie

I think this applies to the Rush Limbaugh Show too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Distant relatives of my spouse
who live in a distant city
were always boasting about their home and living conditions.
We never had time to visit them
until a few years ago.
When we told them that we would be coming over to stay for a day or two
all of a sudden they revealed
that they didn’t even have a guest room or a car to greet us with.
I worked for Hindus before and have always had bad experiences.
I wouldn’t take what your buddy claims about his daughter’s job for granted
if I were you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Kind of like “The Weapons of Mass Destruction” we never found.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

No, kinda like "the four citizens, including the ambassador to Libya
was killed by a flash mob angry over a Youtube video".
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,comp.cad.solidworks,alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 2:40*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
"jon_banquer" wrote in message

http://www.manufacturing-executive.c...sage/3691#3691

I didn't read the article yet, but I'm surprised we're even in 5th....

Another insight into EA's keen mind. He doesn't even
bother to read the article he's starting a post here about.....
No wonder he's so clueless....

And not having read it, you don't realize that the article
is talking about an arbitrary "competiveness" ranking.
The US has been the world's largest manufacturer as
recently as two years ago. China was closing in. Don't
know if they edged us out, but if they did, then we're
a close #2 and way ahead of #3.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Kind of like “The Weapons of Mass Destruction” we never found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

To paraphrase a great American: "Those who haven't found weapons of mass
destruction have just not looked hard enough."

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

Kind of like “The Weapons of Mass Destruction” we never found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Typical thinking of the WMD apologist.

Tell you what.

I think you have WMD's in your house or on your property.

I'm going to come over and tear your house apart, dig up your property.

I'm not going to find any WMD's.

But that's ok, because according to you - "Absence of evidence is not
evidence of absence".

So I can walk away without admitting that you don't have WMD's.

To paraphrase a great American: "Those who haven't found weapons
of mass destruction have just not looked hard enough."

What great american fool said that?

Sean Hannity? He also said (and I am not making this up) that Saddam
had a large blender that he used to turn his enemies into smoothies.

According to that logic, I can point a finger at any house in the US and
rightfully / correctly claim that Jimmy Hoffa is buried under it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
HeyBub wrote:

[...]

Funny how the no-WMD ******s are still wanking away after all these years
and the DND did report on the WMDs that were found
Just goes to show that we have another group of idiots

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 10:45*pm, Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Kind of like The Weapons of Mass Destruction we never found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Typical thinking of the WMD apologist.

Tell you what.

I think you have WMD's in your house or on your property.

I'm going to come over and tear your house apart, dig up your property.

I'm not going to find any WMD's.

But that's ok, because according to you - "Absence of evidence is not
evidence of absence".

If you want to use that house analogy, I'm OK with it. But
let's do it right. Let's call the homeowner, Sadam,
for convenience. It's not that someone just "thinks" there
are WMDs in Sadam's house. It's that we know for sure
that in the recent past, with the same homeowner and
the same house there actually were WMDs in there.
They were seen and verifed to be there not only by US
police, the FBI, etc, but also by agents from Interpol.
It was documented internationally that he had used
WMDs against people in his own house.
Sadam had invaded his next door neighbor's
house, killed women and children there. Despite
repeated warnings, he refused to leave his neighbor's
house. His occupation of the neighbors house was ended
by a multi-national police force that drove him back into
his own house in a humiliating defeat. Before he left
his neighbor's house, he looted it and set fire to it's assets.
To end that whole chapter and avoid going to jail, he
signed an agreement to behave himself, to fully disclose
all the WMDs that he acknowledged he had in his
house and to open up his house to full inspection by
Interpol. He also promised to stop using those WMDs on
the women and children living in his own house, as he
had done in the past.

Within weeks of that agreement, Sadam was back to
killing people by the thousands in his own house again.
Despite signing that agreement, Sadam never fully
cooperated with Interpol, instead denying access, playing
a shell game, stalling, for years. He also took shots
from the house at FBI cars driving by. The police, FBI,
Interpol all did surveilance on the house as best they
could, without being able to actually go there and look.
They used listening devices, satellites, etc. And what
the gathered, together with Sadam's behavior, sure
pointed to his trying to reconsitute his WMDs all over
again.

So, yeah, given the above, they did think Sadam had
WMDs in that house. And even then they gave him a year or
more to finally comply and just allow Interpol to inspect
his house, to find out for sure per the previous agreement
he had signed. Even with hundreds of cops outside,
ready to bust down the door, he thumbed his nose at
them all.

That is your fair analogy. Now, what would be reasonable
under those circumstances?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Guy wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

Kind of like "The Weapons of Mass Destruction" we never found.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Typical thinking of the WMD apologist.

Tell you what.

I think you have WMD's in your house or on your property.

I'm going to come over and tear your house apart, dig up your
property.

I'm not going to find any WMD's.

But that's ok, because according to you - "Absence of evidence is not
evidence of absence".

So I can walk away without admitting that you don't have WMD's.

Yep. I think you've wrapped your mind around the concept.

To paraphrase a great American: "Those who haven't found weapons
of mass destruction have just not looked hard enough."

What great american fool said that?

He wasn't a fool. He was the leader of the country. "Those who say there are
no easy solutions just haven't tried hard enough." Ronald W. Reagan.

Sean Hannity? He also said (and I am not making this up) that Saddam
had a large blender that he used to turn his enemies into smoothies.

That may have been a foolish thing to say. Still, Hannity has been on the
radio for three hours a day and on TV for one hour every night for several
years. During all that time, he has not said as many foolish things as you
manage in a mere week.

According to that logic, I can point a finger at any house in the US
and rightfully / correctly claim that Jimmy Hoffa is buried under it.

How do you know he isn't? Remember, absence of evidence is not evidence of
absence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

So, yeah, given the above, they did think Sadam had
WMDs in that house. And even then they gave him a year or
more to finally comply and just allow Interpol to inspect
his house, to find out for sure per the previous agreement
he had signed. Even with hundreds of cops outside,
ready to bust down the door, he thumbed his nose at
them all.

That is your fair analogy. Now, what would be reasonable
under those circumstances?

As you say, there is no doubt he had WMD's at some point. He used them on his
own people. Saddam was a bad guy and the world is better off without
him. But the world is full of bad guys with WMD's.

Why was it our job to take out Saddam? Why him instead of Kim Jong-un?.

He's got 10,000 artillery tubes in range of Seoul. The destruction from those
would be massive. He's also has an atomic weapons program that has produced at
least one device. That one was kind of a fizzle, but he'll get it right some
day.

Apparently Syria is getting ready to use Sarin gas on its people. Another bad
guy with WMD's.

So why Saddam? He was contained.

-- Doug

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
" wrote:

[...]

Was he ?

As to your comparison to North Korea and Syria, do you always make
comparisons that are 20+ years apart ?
Talk about intellectual dishonesty

What people like you often forget is to look for other reasons and factors
I realize that complicates your simplistic and simplified view of the
world, but you would end up with a better grasp of things.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
[...]

Saddam was like a control rod in a nuclear reactor, they cut power
production a little but ae necessary for safety...

the mid east is ready to explode thanks to iran........ we can send
george w bush a thank you, he deposed saddam and saw him killed.
saddam was a terrible person but just what that part of the world
needed. saddam would kill anyone and did but he kept iran busy and
saddam didnt believe the US would take him out......

even bushes dad told his son leave saddam alone..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 08:17:12 -0600, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Home Guy" wrote in message ...
HeyBub wrote:

[...]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

You do realize that you're talking to HomoGay, right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

" Attila Iskander" wrote:

What people like you often forget is to look for other reasons and factors
I realize that complicates your simplistic and simplified view of the
world, but you would end up with a better grasp of things.

That is exactly what I am looking for. Can give me a better grasp of things?
-- Doug
Posted to alt.home.repair

" Attila Iskander" wrote:

What people like you often forget is to look for other reasons and factors
I realize that complicates your simplistic and simplified view of the
world, but you would end up with a better grasp of things.

That is exactly what I am looking for. Can give me a better grasp of
things?
-- Doug

Why ?
Not my job to educate you for free
And I doubt that you can afford what I charge otherwise

Not to mention the fact that you cut out the rest of my response to hide
context.

Dismissed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Douglas Johnson wrote:

As you say, there is no doubt he had WMD's at some point. He used
them on his own people. Saddam was a bad guy and the world is better
off without
him. But the world is full of bad guys with WMD's.

Why was it our job to take out Saddam? Why him instead of Kim
Jong-un?.

He's got 10,000 artillery tubes in range of Seoul. The destruction
from those would be massive. He's also has an atomic weapons program
that has produced at least one device. That one was kind of a
fizzle, but he'll get it right some day.

Apparently Syria is getting ready to use Sarin gas on its people.
Another bad guy with WMD's.

So why Saddam? He was contained.

All other things being equal between Sadaam & Kim, Sadaam did try to kill
the president's father. In the same situation, I'd have done much the same
as Bush the Younger.