Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Potential landslide from all the rain (any options to preventfurther damage?)

Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/3/2012 4:56 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

Yes, probably from the rain, but the lack of vegetation tells me it was
most likely placed this year and is just settling. I see lots of small
stones. Is all the material like that? If so, then water will easily
drain out without taking material with it.

The contour near the curbing seems to have the fill material mounding up
so water will be retained near the curbing. This is bad. You need to
find someway to drain any water in there. Use 4" perforated pipe to move
the water to the end of the fill and let it run off the fill material.

You will need to rake fill material back into the cracks. Then plant
shrubbery so the roots will hold the fill material.

Lots can be done.

Paul