Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Potential landslide from all the rain (any options to preventfurther damage?)

Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 3, 4:55*pm, "Danny D." wrote:
Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):
*http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11553009.jpg

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

Plant some oak trees, their root systems will help stabilize the
soil.

Just another hazard of "view property"... bummer

Why are accountants so amazingly cheap & stupid?
Based on my experience (limited data sample, though) this seems to be
nearly axiomatic.

Pay a soils engineer or grading contractor to come have a look.

Give this a try

http://bit.ly/RxXXCa

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 12:55*am, "Danny D." wrote:
Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):
*http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/11553009.jpg

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

A bit here on the topic and solutions.

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/stormwat...apter_3-01.pdf

http://www.landslides.ggl.ulaval.ca/...clementino.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Danny D." wrote in message
Near the bottom of my driveway, the hillside is starting to sag
(probably from all the rain we got last week):

Just wondering what the main options are for preventing it from worsening?

How far down the gully does the land fill go? Is the water draining off the
driveway onto the new fill? If so reroute it away from the fill. If water is
collecting at the top of the fill, dig a swale to drain it away. Possibly a
tarp covering the area will keep water out until you can stabilize it. The
slope looks to be a 1 to 1 (45 degree) slope, making it unstable, it really
should be a 1 to 3 slope and compacted.

Research deep rooted vegetation and arrange to get a lot of it planted as
soon as possible after correcting some of the problems with the hill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 00:55:52 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

the hillside is starting to sag

The Landslide Handbook€”A Guide to Understanding Landslides
By Lynn M. Highland, United States Geological Survey, and Peter Bobrowsky,
Geological Survey of Canada http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/1325/

Landslide mitigation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landslide_mitigation

SOIL BIOENGINEERING FOR UPLAND SLOPE STABILIZATION
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/research/rep...orts/491.1.pdf