Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dual Flush conversion kit

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one, bad one?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 22:47:00 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one, bad one?

The HandyGuys did a podcast on these a while ago. You can probably
access it at their website.

If you are one of those who feels if it doesn't pay back quickly it's
not worth doing then don't bother....it will never pay back if you
have city water. Especially if you already have low-flush toilets.

If you see benefit in reducing water use even if it doesn't save you
money directly, then go for it. And if you are on well/septic, then
it reduces the load on both of those.

I plan to install these when my existing flush valves need to be
replaced.

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one,
bad one?

I bought one of them. Installation was simple. But the problem is that
the toilet wasn't designed for low flow, so about 1/3 of the time,we have
to use full flush, or repeat the low flush. In my case it was a waste of
money (which is what I'm good at), although it saves some water when it
works.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

Han wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one,
bad one?

I bought one of them. Installation was simple. But the problem is that
the toilet wasn't designed for low flow, so about 1/3 of the time,we have
to use full flush, or repeat the low flush. In my case it was a waste of
money (which is what I'm good at), although it saves some water when it
works.

Hi,
In the house there are 4 bathrooms and only main one has Toto toilet
which does a good job. I am good at wasting time and money some times,
LOL. I am going to try one since one flapper needs a replacement.
We(two of us) consume about 20 tons of water a month.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Han wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one,
bad one?

I bought one of them. Installation was simple. But the problem is
that the toilet wasn't designed for low flow, so about 1/3 of the
time,we have to use full flush, or repeat the low flush. In my case
it was a waste of money (which is what I'm good at), although it
saves some water when it works.

Hi,
In the house there are 4 bathrooms and only main one has Toto toilet
which does a good job. I am good at wasting time and money some times,
LOL. I am going to try one since one flapper needs a replacement.
We(two of us) consume about 20 tons of water a month.

My dual flush kit didn't do anything with the flapper ...

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote in
:

Hi,
Just a curious question Does it work pretty good or is wasted time.
Any one installed one and using it? Comments/suggestions? Good one,
bad one?

I Installed one. It works. What it saves, I can't speak for.

The tank I installed it in had a ball float. Had to change it to a
Fluidmaster. No big deal. The instructions mentioned that might happen.
They say you need one of their HydroClean or HydroWorks fill valves.
Plain old Fluidmaster worked fine. Nothing about it on the box...of
course.

Here's the installation doc:

http://www.gomjsi.com/uploads/produc...terInstall.pdf

Dual flush LSMFT Home Repair 8 January 15th 12 10:52 PM
Sticking flush button on dual flush toilet Keefiedee UK diy 4 November 24th 10 06:23 PM
dual flush toilets 2 Fred UK diy 0 July 24th 09 04:57 PM
Dual flush toilets Fred UK diy 4 June 29th 09 12:22 PM
Dual flush Cistern Eadwald UK diy 4 October 26th 05 12:56 PM