Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dual flush

Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

--
All is as it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 2:15*pm, LSMFT wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

--
All is as it is.

Cool. You should give us the link here.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2011 1:15 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

most all the 1.6 units work this way by default. You just hold the
handle down for more water.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

jamesgangnc wrote:
On Apr 1, 2:15 pm, wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

--
All is as it is.

Cool. You should give us the link here.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=1073&bih=631#

Just do a google search for 'dual flush conversion kit'.

--
All is as it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote the following:
jamesgangnc wrote:
On Apr 1, 2:15 pm, wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

--
All is as it is.

Cool. You should give us the link here.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=1073&bih=631#

Just do a google search for 'dual flush conversion kit'.

I have one of those dual flush kits in my circa 1984 American Standard
Plebe toilet.
The #2 flush works well, but the #1 flush not so well.
I have to hold it in for a few seconds to keep it flushing and most
times the toilet paper comes out from hiding.
I'll keep it because I know what to do, but this toilet is in the half
bath on the main floor that quests use, so they are instructed to use
the full flush whether it is #1 or #2

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote:
On 4/1/2011 1:15 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

most all the 1.6 units work this way by default. You just hold the
handle down for more water.

We had one like that back in the 1950's that my father fixed with a
straight wire when the chain broke. We saved water with it for years. It
would stop flushing when you let go of the handle. The old handle arms
were heavier back then, not like the cheap plastic ones now.
Whey you let go of the handle it would stop flushing. What kid has time
to stand there and hold the handle? Saved lots of water; until the
flapper went and since they come with a water wasting chain, it was
finally fixed.

--
All is as it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

LSMFT wrote in :

Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

No need to order. I've seen them at the Borg. Picked up mine at Costco. I
actually like it better than the new toilet duel flush one I have because
when you hit the #2 button you get true old full flush.
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
LSMFT wrote the following:
jamesgangnc wrote:
On Apr 1, 2:15 pm, wrote:
[...]

That's because the #1 flush is not adjusted properly. On mine, the blue
float has to be half an inch under the tank water level to work right.
It helps to read the directions.

--
All is as it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2011 1:15 PM, LSMFT wrote:
Well I guess I missed the orginal Ask THis Old House. I saw this rerun
last night that shows a $20.00 kit that converts any toilet to a dual
flush to save water on flushing liquids. Neat, I just ordered one.

most all 1.6 toilets will put out almost twice as much if you hold the
handle down. The dual is already there, you just have to know how to
use it.

--
Steve Barker

Sticking flush button on dual flush toilet Keefiedee UK diy 4 November 24th 10 06:23 PM
dual flush toilets 2 Fred UK diy 0 July 24th 09 04:57 PM
Dual flush toilets Fred UK diy 4 June 29th 09 12:22 PM
Dual flush question Cokey UK diy 13 November 17th 06 12:38 PM
Dual flush Cistern Eadwald UK diy 4 October 26th 05 12:56 PM