Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Poisons

On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic
was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from
the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

And there was "skin lightening cream" that contained mercury.
As much as 3% in one case.
I suppose it's Hispanics and black people use skin lightening cream.
I expect it's tea party plot to get rid of them.

So y'all need to watch out for what you buy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 8:08*am, harry wrote:
On the box last night. *It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic
was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from
the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

And there was "skin lightening cream" that contained mercury.
As much as 3% in one case.
I suppose it's Hispanics and black people use skin lightening cream.
I expect it's *tea party plot to get rid of them.

So y'all need to watch out for what you buy.

Bit more on the topic here.
http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/...-in-novaliches
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/18/2012 3:08 AM, harry wrote:
On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic
was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from
the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

And there was "skin lightening cream" that contained mercury.
As much as 3% in one case.
I suppose it's Hispanics and black people use skin lightening cream.
I expect it's tea party plot to get rid of them.

So y'all need to watch out for what you buy.

Regulations on heavy metal content vary from country to country.
Usually these scare tactics are brought on by differences in allowed
content over a few ppm or even ppb and ppt.

Cosmetics applied to skin are not consumed but I recall the base
chemical of Grecian formula men's hair dye to be lead acetate and I
would not use it. Other hair dyes contain potential amine carcinogens.
FDA may consider them safe and maybe they are but I would not use them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 6:48*am, Frank wrote:
[...]

That's it! We've now identified the problem. Harry
dresses in drag, uses way too much makeup that's
contaminated with heavy metals, and has gone mad
as a hatter!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

" wrote in news:785cc29b-
:

uses way too much makeup that's contaminated with heavy metals, and
has gone mad as a hatter!

Mercury was used in hat manufacturing, and was indeed causing mental
illness.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 18, 12:28*pm, "
wrote:

[...]

So what's your excuse?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/18/2012 12:08 AM, harry wrote:
On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic
was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from
the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

Every bottle of "Grecian forumula" sold contains lead, lead acetate to
be precise. It is a time-honored method of slowly returning color to hair.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
harry wrote:

On the box last night. It was a consumer/watchdog program, the topic
was illegal imports.

One item was about poisonous heavy metals in cosmetics imported from
the USA.

There was "hair tonic" that contained lead.

And there was "skin lightening cream" that contained mercury.
As much as 3% in one case.
I suppose it's Hispanics and black people use skin lightening cream.
I expect it's tea party plot to get rid of them.

So y'all need to watch out for what you buy.

oh goodie, some unnamed show on an unnamed network talking about an unnamed
cream. I feel so much safer now