Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Interesting article?

Bankrate.com has a somewhat interesting article at
http://tinyurl.com/bqw963m concerning the 7 worse home fixes (the least
payback). Their prices for doing the improvement seem somewhat
overstated to me but maybe somewhere it would cost that much if totally
hired out.

Don
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"IGot2P" wrote in message
Bankrate.com has a somewhat interesting article at
http://tinyurl.com/bqw963m concerning the 7 worse home fixes (the least
payback). Their prices for doing the improvement seem somewhat overstated
to me but maybe somewhere it would cost that much if totally hired out.

Payback is often not necessary. If one does something to the house for their
own use and enjoys it, why would you expect to get full payback for it. If
you did something to a house, and many years pass by, the normal increase in
value of the house will cover the cost and may add value over other houses.
If the economy tanks, as it has in the past few years, how can anyone expect
payback for anything, so why worry about it.

Also how do these people calculate costs and payback where values of houses
are all over the place by region, even by locality. I would say these are
guesstimates at best and cannot be believed.