Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Govt owes preppers apology

That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers vs
sheeple and govt.-

http://www.naturalnews.com/037822_li...vivalists.html

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about
preppers vs sheeple and govt.-

http://www.naturalnews.com/037822_li...rs_survivalist
s.html

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

The survivalists are crazy, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't be
prepared. Preferably with generators or other means of light and heat,
food and water. In addition, preparation should include having your
dwelling in places protected from the elements, natural and human.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers
vs
sheeple and govt.-

There you go, believing the government owes you something. You're part of
the problem, not the solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kronos" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers
vs
sheeple and govt.-

There you go, believing the government owes you something. You're part of
the problem, not the solution.

They collect 20-30% of your effing salary, of course they owe you
something -- a LOT, in fact.
The real Q is What and How Much. And, of course, to whom.

Altho, I'm increasingly Preppie.... I mean, Prepper.
Ahm thinkin, if every house had a sprinkler system, we wouldn't need fire
depts, where 3/4 of the high-salaried time is spent cooking, lifting
weights, and polishing knobs... I mean, big red fire engines.

If all tax paying citizens with clean records had guns (gummint supplied??
lol), we wouldn't need police depts, either.
Mebbe a few detectives, just to make sure citizen-applied justice -- I mean,
self-defense -- was really self-defense.... lol

NYC's budget for the police/fire dept exceeds the GDP of quite a few
nations, and proly the entire budget of some US states.
--
EA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers vs
sheeple and govt.-

http://www.naturalnews.com/037822_li...vivalists.html

Yup: sheeple with their asscheeks spread, the typical oh-so chic
Manhattanite.
The Preppies were right..... I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

'course, ultimately it proly won't matter much. Since we are fundamentally
politically ignerint/impotent, we're going to get our asses handed to us
sooner or later. Preppers might hang on by another cupla weeks/months, but
unless you got one of them old missile silos, it's proly all moot.

But, Moi is prepping nevertheless-- gasoline stash, generators, inverters,
etc. **** is just getting to be too fukn weird, and ahm 20 min. from Wall
Street -- which is in fact the geometric center of the Universe.
But NOT a good place to be if the **** really hits the fan.
--
EA

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think you have it backwards.

I'm a constitutionalist, and a prepper.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kronos" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
That's very well worded. I'm going to forward that to all my lists.
This is a long article, but he really lays out the facts about preppers
vs
sheeple and govt.-

There you go, believing the government owes you something. You're part of
the problem, not the solution.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
"Kronos" wrote in message

[...]

Check you'll likely find that the cost of taxes for fire protection is off
set to a large degree in reduced insurance cost.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/06/2012 09:43 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

Why don't you idiots take the home repair group off of your little spam
circle first. This is a home repair newsgroup, and if people want to
read about survivalism, they can go to the appropriate group.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

It was appropriate for a while, due to the ammount of home repairing going
on, in NYC. But, that time has passed.

Christopher Idiot Young
Learn more about spam circles
www.lds.org
..

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 11/06/2012 09:43 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

Why don't you idiots take the home repair group off of your little spam
circle first. This is a home repair newsgroup, and if people want to
read about survivalism, they can go to the appropriate group.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 11/06/2012 09:43 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

Why don't you idiots take the home repair group off of your little spam
circle first. This is a home repair newsgroup, and if people want to read
about survivalism, they can go to the appropriate group.

First, this is not a spam circle.... WTF is your problem(s)???.

Second, if you look past your nose, prepping etc is in part intimately
involved with home repair, design.
Just as one example, you can re-design the function of your leader/gutter
system to fill *multiple* 55 gal drums of water, which actually serves
multiple purposes, besides prepping: water conservation, lawn watering,
etc.

HOW this can be practically accomplished is immediately clear, however.

Getting off the power grid is itself a perfect amalgam of
home-moaning/improvement/repair and prepping.
So give it a break, already.
--
EA

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
On 11/06/2012 09:43 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

Why don't you idiots take the home repair group off of your little spam
circle first. This is a home repair newsgroup, and if people want to read
about survivalism, they can go to the appropriate group.

Jon

Dear Whatever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or is correct in some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It
is held by Newton Fillmore, of Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is
currently in a coma in a facility in Riverside, and has been for three
years, eight months now. We just could not bring ourselves to demote him
without a proper hearing and him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes
for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have
broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished
position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to
write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words
there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in
as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words
or less.

You must also include the reason that you think entitles you the lifelong
right to hold this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily
heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Poohbah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Addended by 4/19/2011

You forgot three of my favorites, its and it's, lightning and
lightening, and to, too and two

Addendum from Smitty Two:

"Would've" spelled out as "would of" instead of "would have."

"Voila" spelled "wallah" or some variation thereof.

Makes me want to go out and kill again.

* * * * *

PS: Why don't you get ahold of the Brown Shirts, and report us? That free
speech MUST BE SMASHED AND CONTROLLED. WHICH CAN AND MAY INCLUDE THE
BURNING OF THE POSTINGS, ACCORDING TO ACCEPTED BROWN SHIRT POLICY.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Existential Angst wrote:
"Kronos" wrote in message

[...]

Amazing assumptions. I suggest Somalia for your new home. It's really close to
your ideal.

How can someone be so clueless and so sure they're right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I think you have it backwards.

I'm a constitutionalist, and a prepper.

LOL! I could think of several much closer descriptions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Existential Angst wrote:

They collect 20-30% of your effing salary, of course they owe you
something -- a LOT, in fact.
The real Q is What and How Much. And, of course, to whom.

Er, no. Transfer payments go to those who don't HAVE a salary.

Altho, I'm increasingly Preppie.... I mean, Prepper.
Ahm thinkin, if every house had a sprinkler system, we wouldn't need
fire depts, where 3/4 of the high-salaried time is spent cooking,
lifting weights, and polishing knobs... I mean, big red fire engines.

You paint with too broad a brush. Eighty-five percent of firefighters are
volunteers.

If all tax paying citizens with clean records had guns (gummint
supplied?? lol), we wouldn't need police depts, either.
Mebbe a few detectives, just to make sure citizen-applied justice --
I mean, self-defense -- was really self-defense.... lol

Here's an interesting concept: The courts have held that at least one
constitutional right must be supplied by the government! If you cannot
afford a lawyer, the state must provide one at no cost to you.

That said, I'm of the opinion that, in the name of consistency, that the
government should supply a firearm to all those who cannot afford one! Well,
at least one to each household.

Here's where private enterprise can step in. What if an apartment house
billed its offerings as "... complete with washer, dryer, cable TV, and one
Glock 17 per unit..."?

NYC's budget for the police/fire dept exceeds the GDP of quite a few
nations, and proly the entire budget of some US states.

And NYC is a generally safe place. 'Course some credit the philosophy of
Guiliana rather than the sheer numbers of cops and firefighters...

Even so, I'll bet there are FAR MORE private "security guards" in NYC than
cops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
On 11/06/2012 09:43 AM, Existential Angst wrote:
I think I'll have to add misc.survivalism to
my ng list.

Why don't you idiots take the home repair group off of your little
spam circle first. This is a home repair newsgroup, and if people
want to read about survivalism, they can go to the appropriate group.

Because much, if not most, "prepping" involves modifications and
enhancements to the home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Altho, I'm increasingly Preppie.... I mean, Prepper.
Ahm thinkin, if every house had a sprinkler system, we wouldn't need
fire depts, where 3/4 of the high-salaried time is spent cooking,
lifting weights, and polishing knobs... I mean, big red fire engines.

You paint with too broad a brush. Eighty-five percent of firefighters are
volunteers.

And even the full times guys do some maintenance on their trucks, do
inspections and other things in their response area to plan for any
problems, do outreach like school kid tours, all sorts of stuff.

\
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe