Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default 60% off discount at Home Depot after I asked for the Corporate TelephoneNumber

Last night I was buying OSB at Home Depot at about 8:15 p.m.. Before I
even went to the store, I though to myself "is there going to be anyone
there to operate the saw," since I needed it cut. I took my chances and
rolled the sheets of OSB back to the saw. There were no employees in the
lumber department. I looked up the phone number of the store and called
the service desk and they told me they'd send someone back there. I
called three times. By that time, there were two other people waiting to
have lumber cut.

I was going to leave, but I was annoyed, especially since this store has
been cutting staff and worsening service for a long time. I went up the
service desk to ask for the corporate office phone number. Apparently I
asked the manager of the store, and he was wonderful. He walked over to
the lumber department, found an employee that was doing something else
that wasn't critical, and send him back to help the three customers
waiting for service.

When I checked out with the lumber the manager was now manning the cash
register. I did not ask for, nor did I expect, any discount, but he rang
up the purchase and gave me 60% off the total. $35.94 became $14.38.

BTW, at Home Depot they will usually write the keypad code for the saws
and for the electrical wire thingee on the wall. I could have cut the
lumber myself and no one would have ever noticed since there was no one
around, but the saw may be on camera.