Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default 60% off discount at Home Depot after I asked for the CorporateTelephone Number

On 10/20/2012 6:54 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
19 Oct 2012, The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 10/19/2012 7:23 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
All stores like HD, Lowes, supermarket chains, have cameras pointing at all
aisles. I wouldn't exactly say they are being monitored. More correctly
they are recording. The purpose is to protect the stores from fraudulent
slip-and-fall lawsuits.

Me and JH did some T1 cable extension work in some Sears stores and the
loss control folks had a monitor room where they were watching the whole
store inside and out. ^_^

Okay. I bet shoplifting is higher in a Sears than a supermarket. And
slip-and-falls higher in a supermarket where there are spilled liquids that
people can pretend they slipped and fell on. As for HD and Lowes??

They record everything to defend themselves from the fake slip and falls
launched by the local attorneys who run ads on late night TV and to
document activity for prosecution purposes. Likely someone is watching
and it is handy to have a recording after the fact.