Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Game: Match states on a blank map

I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 1, 3:42*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 15:59:31 -0400, Metspitzer

wrote:
I only tried it once. *Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

THis is a good thing to get for geography students
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Match states on a blank map

I didn't figure out how to make the game work.

Think you mean "fare well", or "fare average".
Yep, Smitty, we're all iliderat.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ok. So I may not know the difference between fare and fair, but I did
manage to play the game.

For some reason, the link I provided was not the direct link to the
page.

Try this one:
http://jimspages.com/States.htm

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 17:53:08 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I didn't figure out how to make the game work.

Think you mean "fare well", or "fare average".
Yep, Smitty, we're all iliderat.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, in that regards, you did fair better than I did.

And the two words sound the same, so it's an eazie misteak.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote:

I didn't figure out how to make the game work.

Think you mean "fare well", or "fare average".
Yep, Smitty, we're all iliderat.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
.. .
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Posted to alt.home.repair

BTW. For younger people, I wish the puzzle had the option of going
thru the pieces to get to the ones you know before having to place the
ones you are less sure of.

wrote:

I didn't figure out how to make the game work.

Think you mean "fare well", or "fare average".
Yep, Smitty, we're all iliderat.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
. ..
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote in
:

BTW. For younger people, I wish the puzzle had the option of going
thru the pieces to get to the ones you know before having to place the
ones you are less sure of.

I got 94% correct, average error 6 miles, 329 seconds. My two big mistakes
were West Virginia (84 miles off) and Oklahoma (52 miles off).

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

You creaked by me, with 48/50 and an average of 5 miles. We had a wooden
puzzle of the US when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago. I'm
surprised I did as well as I did. If it was one state at a time on a
blank slate, I don't think I'd do well at all. And putting countries on
a globe? Forget about it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I only tried it once. *Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

How would you be with a map of Africa?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 2, 6:02*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

wrote:

I only tried it once. *Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

You creaked by me, with 48/50 and an average of 5 miles. We had a wooden
puzzle of the US when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago. I'm
surprised I did as well as I did. If it was one state at a time on a
blank slate, I don't think I'd do well at all. And putting countries on
a globe? Forget about it.

I didn't know where Rhode island was.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote in news:11e50d9e-e1a1-4c0a-b9f1-
:

wrote:
I only tried it once. *Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

How would you be with a map of Africa?

Here's a really good one:
http://mistupid.com/geography/knowyourworld.htm?de91=3d1e
You have to identify CITIES around the world!

Then there's the Middle East, which includes part of Africa:
http://www.rethinkingschools.org/just_fun/games/mapgame2.shtml
This one is a lot tougher than it looks. Unfortunately, you're not scored
on your performance.

--
Tegger
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would
fair at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

You creaked by me, with 48/50 and an average of 5 miles. We had a
wooden puzzle of the US when I was a kid, but that was a long time
ago. I'm surprised I did as well as I did. If it was one state at a
time on a blank slate, I don't think I'd do well at all. And putting
countries on a globe? Forget about it.

I didn't know where Rhode island was.

Nobody does.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/
Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

You creaked by me, with 48/50 and an average of 5 miles. We had a wooden
puzzle of the US when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago. I'm
surprised I did as well as I did. If it was one state at a time on a
blank slate, I don't think I'd do well at all. And putting countries on
a globe? Forget about it.

I didn't know where Rhode island was.

It's where Peter Griffin and his family live. Quahog, RI, I believe.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

How would you be with a map of Africa?

In what year or month?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would fair
at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Score = 90%
Average Error = 9mi
Time = 586 seconds

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 19:45:27 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

BTW. For younger people, I wish the puzzle had the option of going
thru the pieces to get to the ones you know before having to place the
ones you are less sure of.

That would be too easy. Placing Kansas first is hard! ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I only tried it once. Nothing to brag about, but I think I would
fair at least average.
http://flowingdata.com/2012/10/01/ma...n-a-blank-map/

Cool game
I got 48 out of 50 right with an average error of 3 miles.

You creaked by me, with 48/50 and an average of 5 miles. We had a
wooden puzzle of the US when I was a kid, but that was a long time
ago. I'm surprised I did as well as I did. If it was one state at a
time on a blank slate, I don't think I'd do well at all. And putting
countries on a globe? Forget about it.

I didn't know where Rhode island was.

Nobody does.

I do. It's an island off of South Carolina.