Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas weed eater

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the
carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The
carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most
common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:06:20 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the
carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The
carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most
common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

My guess would be a clogged venturi. Did you soak the carb in a carb
cleaner overnight? Blow it (venturi) out with air or spray carb
cleaner through the venturi to ensue it is open (where applicable).

I have used a small stainless steel wire plucked from a wire brush to
clear the venturi. Careful not to break the wire... YMMV

If the gaskets are not seriously damaged use a non-hardening Permatex.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:06:20 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the
carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The
carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most
common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

I don't have this brand but as a guess....spark plug clean? Fuel
filter clean? Muffler clean?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:06:20 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the
carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The
carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most
common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

I guessing "made by Homelite"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:06:17 PM UTC-4, Steve B wrote:
I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb. Steve

Put a little gas/oil mix in a spray bottle. Take off the air filter and spray some in the carb. Pull the cord. If it fires up for a few seconds then it's not getting gas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2012 8:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:06:20 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

I got a Homelite Zipstart trimmer. Won't run. Has spark. Went through the
carb, and all ports and jets seem okay. Going to disassemble again. The
carb gaskets look good, but should I just go get a new set? What's the most
common reason these things stop running? I'm guessing carb.

Steve

I guessing "made by Homelite"

most accurate answer.

www.stihlusa.com

--
Steve Barker

Weed eater PE550 edger [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 20th 12 03:01 PM
Weed eater won't go fast Jimmy Home Repair 3 July 7th 08 03:32 PM
stihl weed eater newman Home Repair 4 May 7th 07 12:59 PM
Weed eater string Perry Templeton Home Repair 2 June 24th 05 03:27 AM
weed eater blower help Ron Vander Home Repair 6 April 16th 05 06:11 PM