Junior Member

Default Kenmore elite dishwasher

My dishwasher has started making a humming/buzzing noise that is getting progressively louder with each use. I have very limited skills but would like to start tackling some of these issues myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

--
Wendy Giannetti

First, you need to specify a make and model number, how long you have
had it and how often it is used. Then, does the noise occur when
filling the machine, while it is running, or while it is emptying the
water. Does it occur on all the wash and rinses, or just on one
particular portion of its operation. The more detailed information
you provide, the more likely someone will be able to help you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:41:07 +0000, Wendy Giannetti
wrote:

My dishwasher has started making a humming/buzzing noise that is getting
progressively louder with each use. I have very limited skills but would
like to start tackling some of these issues myself.

Buzzing is often from the solenoid valves for the drain and the fill.
By listening when it happens, you can narrow down the location.

You may also want to visit www.repairclinic.com for some diagnostics
and "how-to"s
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Giannetti View Post
My dishwasher has started making a humming/buzzing noise that is getting progressively louder with each use. I have very limited skills but would like to start tackling some of these issues myself.
It is a Kemnore Elite ultra wash quiet guard 4. The noise starts as soon as machine is started. Gets progressively louder and lasts throughout all cycles. Model number 665.17052400 and is about 7 years old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 25, 7:33*pm, Wendy Giannetti
wrote:
Wendy Giannetti;2915908 Wrote:

My dishwasher has started making a humming/buzzing noise that is getting
progressively louder with each use. I have very limited skills but would
like to start tackling some of these issues myself.

It is a Kemnore Elite ultra wash quiet guard 4. The noise starts as soon
as machine is started. Gets progressively louder and lasts throughout
all cycles. Model number 665.17052400 and is about 7 years old.

--
Wendy Giannetti

That doesn't make sense. The motor shuts off briefly at the end of
each cycle before the water starts pumping out. The motor doesn't
even start while the unit is filling in each cycle until the water
gets up to a minimum level. Please try to be more specific.