Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Limited trim options for using shallow hi-hats

I am making use of my attic space for storage and I am putting down a
plywood floor. The joists are 2X6.
I have some hi-hats in my bedroom in which the can sticks up above the
attic floor. I can cut around the cans, or I was thinking of putting
in the shallow hi-hats, but I noticed you are limited to the trim
baffles you can use. It seems that the HALO 301 open trim is the only
one that works. Plus the 65W BR30 bulb I use is not as recessed in the
can as my old hi-hats, its actually almost is flush with the ceiling,
which I understand since the can is more shallow.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:35:06 AM UTC-4, Mikepier wrote:
I am making use of my attic space for storage and I am putting down a

plywood floor. The joists are 2X6.

I have some hi-hats in my bedroom in which the can sticks up above the

attic floor. I can cut around the cans, or I was thinking of putting

in the shallow hi-hats, but I noticed you are limited to the trim

baffles you can use. It seems that the HALO 301 open trim is the only

one that works. Plus the 65W BR30 bulb I use is not as recessed in the

can as my old hi-hats, its actually almost is flush with the ceiling,

which I understand since the can is more shallow.

why not raise the floor enough to prevent a conflict?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 14, 7:16*am, bob haller wrote:
On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:35:06 AM UTC-4, Mikepier wrote:
I am making use of my attic space for storage and I am putting down a

plywood floor. The joists are 2X6.

I have some hi-hats in my bedroom in which the can sticks up above the

attic floor. I can cut around the cans, or I was thinking of putting

in the shallow hi-hats, but I noticed you are limited to the trim

baffles you can use. It seems that the HALO 301 open trim is the only

one that works. Plus the 65W BR30 bulb I use is not as recessed in the

can as my old hi-hats, its actually almost is flush with the ceiling,

which I understand since the can is more shallow.

why not raise the floor enough to prevent a conflict?- Hide quoted text -

I was thinking about that, but headroom is limited already.