Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

Default Bridge Faucet

Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot and
cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm screwed
trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or more) I've
searched with no luck so far.

Would be a shame if so. It's an old concrete double utility that sits
flush against wall and without the proper faucet setup would either
require tearing up wall to re route plumbing or move it away from
wall. Either is not something I want to do.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2012 8:39 PM, SG wrote:
Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot and
cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm screwed
trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or more) I've
searched with no luck so far.

Would be a shame if so. It's an old concrete double utility that sits
flush against wall and without the proper faucet setup would either
require tearing up wall to re route plumbing or move it away from
wall. Either is not something I want to do.

I had the same problem a couple years ago and found one of these. There
are actually several different manufactuers and models available if you
do the searching. This one should work and is inexpensive:

http://www.amazon.com/Central-Brass-...d_sim_sbs_hi_3

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/5/2012 8:58 PM, Smarty wrote:
On 8/5/2012 8:39 PM, SG wrote:
Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot
and cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm
screwed trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or
more) I've searched with no luck so far.

Would be a shame if so. It's an old concrete double utility that sits
flush against wall and without the proper faucet setup would either
require tearing up wall to re route plumbing or move it away from
wall. Either is not something I want to do.

I had the same problem a couple years ago and found one of these.
There are actually several different manufactuers and models available
if you do the searching. This one should work and is inexpensive:

http://www.amazon.com/Central-Brass-...d_sim_sbs_hi_3

And here is another one:

http://www.amazon.com/Design-House-5...ref=pd_cp_hi_2

Posted to alt.home.repair
SG SG is offline

Smarty wrote:
On 8/5/2012 8:39 PM, SG wrote:
Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot and
cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm screwed
trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or more) I've
searched with no luck so far.

Would be a shame if so. It's an old concrete double utility that sits
flush against wall and without the proper faucet setup would either
require tearing up wall to re route plumbing or move it away from
wall. Either is not something I want to do.

I had the same problem a couple years ago and found one of these. There
are actually several different manufactuers and models available if you
do the searching. This one should work and is inexpensive:

http://www.amazon.com/Central-Brass-...d_sim_sbs_hi_3

cool, that's exactly what I need, never thought to look at Amazon,
either I wasn't using correct terms or I didn't go far enough past
Google's ad lings ;-P

THANK YOU!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 19:39:01 -0500, SG wrote:

Have an old utility sink in basement with a bridge faucet with hot and
cold water lines that feed in from the top. I'm guessing I'm screwed
trying to find a replacement? (probably 50 yr old setup or more) I've
searched with no luck so far.

Would be a shame if so. It's an old concrete double utility that sits
flush against wall and without the proper faucet setup would either
require tearing up wall to re route plumbing or move it away from
wall. Either is not something I want to do.

I've got the same setup. Those are good valves.
A couple bucks for new washers and packing fixed mine.

--
Vic

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.amazon.com/Central-Brass-...addle/dp/B0019...

cool, that's exactly what I need, never thought to look at Amazon,
either I wasn't using correct terms or I didn't go far enough past
Google's ad lings ;-P

THANK YOU!

The wonders of the internet. Way back prior to the 'net I resorted to
making my own from pvc fittings.

Harry K.