Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old home intercom.

I have a home intercom in a two story condo from 1963.
The intercom has three built in wall units that were
installed at the time of construction. One unit is
outside next to the front door and there is a unit
on each floor. There are eight apartments and they all
have the same type of intercom. Below the first floor
is a parking area and above the second floor is a
flat roof. The power source for the intercom is not
behind any of the units and don’t seem to be in the
parking area or on the roof. I checked some of the
closets but I didn’t go through them inch by inch.
The units seem to have some power coming in so I
assume that the power source is still somewhere and
operational. I would like to locate the power source
without having to buy a three thousand dollar cable
tracker and would appreciate any input as far as
what the usual location might be when installing
a power source for intercoms of this type for similar
layouts?
Thank you.