Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plane house

http://tinyurl.com/dxtacbm

A guy is making a house from a retired Boeing 727.
The oddest house in my area is probably a round house. I think
it's single story and just round. It reminds people here in rural
Nebraska of a short grain bin. It looks something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/bqvldxr
There is one geodesic dome house in the area. It's been around quite
a few years and is largely obscured by trees now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman " wrote in
:

http://tinyurl.com/dxtacbm

A guy is making a house from a retired Boeing 727.
The oddest house in my area is probably a round house. I think
it's single story and just round. It reminds people here in rural
Nebraska of a short grain bin. It looks something like this:
http://tinyurl.com/bqvldxr
There is one geodesic dome house in the area. It's been around quite
a few years and is largely obscured by trees now.

seems like a house made from a plane would get hot inside,just like a
passenger jet does if held on the runway waiting for tower clearance.
Sure,you can AC it,but the metal structure is a good conductor of heat.
it would be like living in a camping trailer.

another odd house I saw in a magazine was made of welded-together 40 ft
shipping containers,some stacked at right angles to each other,others in
parallel.
Same problem with thermal effects and insulation as the jet airframe.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik