Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ideas for eliminating odors from a car?

gregz wrote:
Oren wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 16:52:31 -0400, wrote:

Short of using a match, does anyone have any ideas or folk remedies
that might be employed in an attempt to quell this odor?

Try a partial bowl of white vinegar, allow to sit for day(S) inside
the car.

I would first inspect doors and other hidden areas.

Vinegar works. Ozone, chlorine dioxide. There are some fast release
chlorine dioxide products, and here is a slow release product which you can
keep using vehicle.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-NosGUARD-...rds=boat+odors

Greg

This may be too strong, but I think not. These are the cheapest I have
found, and I did a lot of searching. I have found products to treat 3 times
the area, but are of course, more expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Mil...ef=pd_sim_sg_2

Greg

odors gregz Home Repair 6 April 14th 12 07:08 PM
"Offensive odors: Getting rid of bad odors" [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 10th 05 05:32 PM
Cooking Odors that don't go away... EVER Mike P Home Ownership 2 September 12th 05 09:54 PM
Pet odors David DeBoer Home Repair 13 March 21st 05 04:45 PM