Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Mike P

Default Cooking Odors that don't go away... EVER

About 2 years ago I moved to a condo owned by a nice family from Ganah. The
place was nice but it smelled of cooking (fish to be exact). I belived that
changing the carpets and painting will remove the odor. 2 Years later, I am
still smelling it. It is coming from the open Air return (there is no duct
on the returns). The air retunes circulate the air that is within the walls
and the double ceiling.

I have tried

a.. Cleaning ducts
b.. Air filters
c.. UV Air Purifier (costs over 1500 dollars)
d.. Ozone Purifier (costs 400 dollars)
e.. Sprying all kind of chemicals
f.. 2 Air quality tests that determined there is no mold. (3000 dollars)

I am frustrated and now believe my only option is to move, or break the
double ceiling and re-build it. But, even then I am not sure if it will
help.

Here is a tip. when you go to buy a house, if you smell strong cooking
smell. stay away!

Any ideas????

John A. Weeks III

In article ,
"Mike P" wrote:

I am frustrated and now believe my only option is to move, or break the
double ceiling and re-build it. But, even then I am not sure if it will
help.

You likely have cooking grease up in the double ceiling area.
It is now getting rancid, and that is the smell you are getting.
You likely do need to get it out of there. You might be able
to cover if up by spraying the type of paint used to fix houses
that have fire damage. That paint is able to seal in smoke damage
smell, so maybe it will help. Try calling a company that specializes
in doing repairs after a fire.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Hell Toupee

Mike P wrote:

About 2 years ago I moved to a condo owned by a nice family from Ganah. The
place was nice but it smelled of cooking (fish to be exact). I belived that
changing the carpets and painting will remove the odor. 2 Years later, I am
still smelling it. It is coming from the open Air return (there is no duct
on the returns). The air retunes circulate the air that is within the walls
and the double ceiling.

Try this. I've heard a lot of people swear by it.

http://www.atmosklear.net/

HellT