Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sorta On-Topic - Giraffe Test - How many times do we make somethingsimple into something complicated????

I doubt if anyone on this site can get all the answers correct, but it
is a good illustration of human foibles.

Subject: Giraffe test

Hello, your test for the day.. There are 4 questions. Don’t miss
one, and no cheating.

1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Stop and think about it and decide on your answer before you scroll
down.

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe,
and close the door.

This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an
overly complicated way.

2 How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close
the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer..

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in
the elephant and close the door.

This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your
previous actions..

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All
the

animals attend ...... Except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer : The Elephant. The elephant is in the
refrigerator.

You just put him in there.

This tests your memory..

Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions
correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true
abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and

You do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer:? You jump into the river and swim across.

Have you not been listening?

All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting.

This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the
Professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many
preschoolers got several correct answers.. Anderson Consulting says
this conclusively proves the theory that most professionals do not
have the brains of a four-year-old.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"hr(bob) " writes:

Anderson Consulting says
this conclusively proves the theory that most professionals do not
have the brains of a four-year-old.

Oops!

Lost all credibility there.

There is no one at Anderson Consulting with any brains at all.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 20, 12:13*am, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-
wrote:
In article ,
*"hr(bob) " wrote:

2 *How do you put an elephant into a *refrigerator?

Did *you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the *elephant, and close
the *refrigerator?

Wrong *Answer..

Correct Answer: Open *the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in
the elephant and close the door.

This tests your *ability to think through the repercussions of *your
previous *actions..

wrong. if it had been "the" refrigerator, you might have a point, but as it says
"a" refrigerator, it could be any refrigerator in the world.

I guess your fake consulting firm needs to hire an outside consulting firm to
test the repercussions of this "test"

Sorry about that, btw I am not a fake consulting firm, I do EMC
consulting and in August will be teaching several hours on EMC at an
international symposium in addition to giving some talks and chairing
a couple of technical sessions.