Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Default Business Question - Sorta on and off topic...

I posted this same exact question in the CNC group but expect that some of
you folks are in the position to give good advice. This is somewhat in the
same vein as previous questions... But possibly not quite as on topic.

Most of you seem to be making parts and/or products for existing outlets or
customers but there are a few of you who actually make products for a wide
base of customers.

We have recently run across a number of dealers and distributors who carry
competitors' product lines because of a particularly fortunate press release
placement. Most of them are happy to consider carrying our product once
they sell it to someone and get usage feedback. That got me to thinking...

How would you go about finding distributors and/or dealers for your product?
We offer them a few incentives such as the willingness to work directly with
their customer to customize the equipment without undermining their sale,
etc. But there have to be other ways to build this area of the business.

Thoughts? Flames? Large internet lists of drilling equipment-specific
dealers and distributors? grin

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022