Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. WW2 pix.

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 25, 12:18*pm, harry wrote:
http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

The colors are phenomenal and the subject matter is very interesting,
but the pictures are too "posed" for me. I used to work for Eastman
Kodak and that has always been my complaint with any photo shoot they
had on display.

It's like some photographers never heard of candid shots.

Look at the pictures of the ladies with the drills. They all show the
user holding the chuck and/or the bit. Obviously posed.

The same "posed" feeling is evident across the entire set of pictures.

And now for a related musical interlude...

If you took all the girls I knew when I was single
And brought them all together for one night
I know they'd never match my sweet imagination
And everything looks worse in black and white

Kodachrome
You give us those nice bright colors
You give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah!
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away

Paul Simon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:18:30 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Harry, you did good on this. Amazing quality after all those years. I
used to shoot Kodachrome all the time. IMO, it was the best ever film.
Nice piece of 1940's history there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"harry" wrote in message
http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Harry....Those are great.I have shot thousands of Kodachrome starting when
it was first available. The first had an ASA of 10. This had wonderful
"blacks". Later with higher ASA were not as well liked by me. Of course now
it is Pentax Digital for me. I have owned almost every Pentax SLR film
camera starting with the first one. WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Harry, you did good on this. Amazing quality after all those years. *I
used to shoot Kodachrome all the time. IMO, it was the best ever film.
Nice piece of 1940's history there.

I get lots of similar sent to me by various people, mostly as Power
Point so the quality is not that good but interesting content.
Outstanding sometimes.

There is a lot about the USA, late19th/20th century. Indians, frontier
life, early motor cars, street scenes etc.
I am in a "ring". Anyone interested can join. I have to say it is 90%
crap circulated. but now and then a jewel.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

wrote:

http://pavel-kosenko.livejournal.com...hread=22669914

Harry, you did good on this. Amazing quality after all those years. I
used to shoot Kodachrome all the time. IMO, it was the best ever film.
Nice piece of 1940's history there.

I get lots of similar sent to me by various people, mostly as Power
Point so the quality is not that good but interesting content.
Outstanding sometimes.

Somebody else posted the same link not all that long ago...altho on
further thought it may have been in a different group(?) that I'm not
sure I recall your moniker in, Ed...

Definitely an era and the sense of it's "just different" now...and
indeed, the passing of in particular Kodachrome and film in general is a
loss as well despite the convenience of digital.