Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cover for fry-pan

I need to make a cover for a fry-pan, with a glass window. I have a
"universal" cover, but it doesn't work well. In fact I've been using
a double layer of tin foil that works just as well.

I recently bought a set of fry-pans, moderately expensive, not the
cheap stuff I usually get.

The mediums sized pan has a cover, a glass cover, but the little one I
use more has nothin'. And there are few if any 8" pans for sale with
covers.

I figured I'd make one out of wood and glass. Maybe I'll rout a
little ledge for the glass to sit on, or I'll use some sort of molding
on top. Maybe I'll also glue it on with PC-7 or JB weld .

Any reason not to use plywood? The glue won't drip into my food, will
it?

What kind of glass do you think I need? I presume window glass will
break, if it gets even moderately unevenly hot, or if I hit it
accidentally. . I have a piece of thicker glass from a flat-bed
computer scanner. And somewhere I have a much thicker piece of glass
from a Royal photocopier, about 35 years old. I gather it's hard to
cut old glass -- and this thick would be even harder??

How hard would it be to cut it in a circle. If necessary I can use a
square, or a hexagon.

Thanks.

Keyhole cover? Lieutenant Scott UK diy 5 January 5th 12 11:09 AM
The Birth Of Thriller Cover chapter 4--The Album Cover HiBob Home Repair 0 May 27th 08 08:55 AM
Pool Cover? [email protected] Home Repair 26 March 4th 08 01:48 AM
Hot Tub Cover JaxDawg Home Ownership 1 February 14th 07 07:33 PM
Cover this Ralph Henrichs Metalworking 1 May 18th 05 12:23 AM