Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT from another list, Happy Birthday Dad

This really moved me. I hope some day to get married, and have a son who
writes these things about me. A few items are home repair, so hope y'all can
forgive yet another OT from me.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Dear Dad, In honor of your birthday, I'd like to point out some of the
things I learned from you... Canoeing skills. If you got it out, put it
back. Map-reading can make a more efficient travel, but back roads are fun
too. Blueberries travel quite nicely in a canteen of water. Leeches can be
scraped off carefully with a sharp knife. Racoon, beaver, deer and even
moose visit the lake shore just as dawn hits. Never go camping without rope.
Leaky faucets or squeaky doors are inexcusable, as is wobbly chair legs or
loose handrails. Tools have a certain place where they MUST live until
needed. An above-ground pool can completely empty in 7 seconds. Never ask
you to help me with my math homework if I ONLY wanted the answer. The true
power of leverage and fulcrum. Frogs legs don't taste that bad. Wheat can be
properly stored for decades. There IS a correct way to fold a tent. And a
correct way to have said tent positioned on plastic in a downpour. A husband
and wife can actually be best friends, especially when you call her your
bride after 50 years. Serving others is what life is all about. Be proud of
your country, and KNOW its history. Integrity should be most important.
Eagles are pretty cool. There are more than two ways to get to Pageant. If I
have to earn something I want, I will have greater respect for it. Family
Home Evening doesn't have to happen each week to teach the importance of
trying. My Heavenly Father knows who I am and loves me anyway. Thank you for
being my DAD!! I LOVE YOU!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

.

[...]

Well, I learned to drink from my dad. That's about it. I was even better
at it than him! He never learned to not drink. I did...1986.

Easy Does It,
Red...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, reality is like that.

I hope you both live to a long, and fulfilled life.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Red Green" wrote in message

Well, I learned to drink from my dad. That's about it. I was even better
at it than him! He never learned to not drink. I did...1986.

Easy Does It,
Red...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
[...]

When my oldest son was 4 I called my dad to apologize for all the help I'd
given him over the years.