Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there such a drill motor?

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.

Is there such an animal?

TIA.

Lewis

*****
Posted to alt.home.repair

Try www.ebay.com

About eight or so, available today from about $70 and up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILWAUKEE-24...item53ed026ebc

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.

Is there such an animal?

TIA.

Lewis

*****

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.
Is there such an animal?

Manufacturers decided 5 or 10 years ago that home users need
more voltage and 18V is nowadays the accepted threshhold.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Phillipson" wrote in
:

wrote in message

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.
Is there such an animal?

try Harbor Freight? ISTR they have a "12V" Li-ion drill-driver.
Not a hammer drill,though.

Manufacturers decided 5 or 10 years ago that home users need
more voltage and 18V is nowadays the accepted threshhold.

using lithium cells,an 18V pack is smaller and lighter than a 12V NiCd or
NiMH packs,has more energy density,and doesn't self-discharge in a short
time. you can leave one in storage for 6 months,and still use it
immediately without first having to recharge it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 May 2012 02:44:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.

Is there such an animal?

TIA.

Lewis

*****

If you need a hammer drill, you probably want more than 12V. It would
be a very limited market.

A couple of years ago I'd say that 12 and 14.4 made sense for drill
because they are lighter and adequate. Last week I used a Milwaukee
18V and it was nice to handle. Battery technology is improving.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.

Is there such an animal?

TIA.

Lewis

*****

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/tools/c...er-kit/2411-22

Another in the line of Milwaukee

--
PV

"If Inflammable means more flammable, then what does incompetent mean?'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 May 2012 11:04:56 -0500, Jim Yanik wrote:

"Don Phillipson" wrote in
:

wrote in message

I recently did a few searches for a ' 3/8" capacity, 12V, hammer drill
with a Lithium battery ' but keep coming up empty.
Is there such an animal?

try Harbor Freight? ISTR they have a "12V" Li-ion drill-driver.
Not a hammer drill,though.

Many manufacturers have lower voltage (than 18V) driver/drills. No need to
buy junk.

Manufacturers decided 5 or 10 years ago that home users need
more voltage and 18V is nowadays the accepted threshhold.

using lithium cells,an 18V pack is smaller and lighter than a 12V NiCd or
NiMH packs,has more energy density,and doesn't self-discharge in a short
time. you can leave one in storage for 6 months,and still use it
immediately without first having to recharge it.

A 12V LiIon is lighter yet.