Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is used to decay stumps

I recall reading about some chemical that gets applied to tree stumps to
make them decay fast. Anyone know what this stuff is?

Normally I dig around them and build a fire on top, but I have one too
close to a building.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I got a bunch of hits, with a web search.

That said, one time I heard about drilling holes, and pack the holes with
powdered milk. Not sure that works, but it's cheap to buy.

Some hardware stores have stump remover chemicals.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
I recall reading about some chemical that gets applied to tree stumps to
make them decay fast. Anyone know what this stuff is?

Normally I dig around them and build a fire on top, but I have one too
close to a building.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 8:41*pm, wrote:
I recall reading about some chemical that gets applied to tree stumps to
make them decay fast. *Anyone know what this stuff is?

Normally I dig around them and build a fire on top, but I have one too
close to a building.

Yup.
It's called snake oil.