Posted to alt.home.repair

Default hvac

" wrote:
On May 9, 8:40 pm, gregz wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I'm guessing that you don't have a lot of experience with HVAC
troubleshooting. Ask around, see who your neighbors have had out to fix
their furnace, and call for a diagnostic.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"gregz" wrote in message
My goodman furnace/ air has been having unusual delays, on days where I
switch between heat and air. The thermostat seems ok, at least I can hear
the relay switch, sometime waiting a couple minutes. I switched off the
power to the furnace a couple times, but don't have enough info on my
actions. All know, it didn't used to do this. I can only guess it's the
board

Greg

My warranty went out last summer. I got the install company, but my hot
water tank went out last summer, and because they could not locate a local
supplier of the installed tank, they did not give me a free replacement.

And you accepted that? If the warranty said you
were entitled to a free replacement, then I sure
would not have taken that as an excuse. Either
give me what the warranty says or we go to small
claims court. But unless it fails in the first year or
two, those warranties usually pro-rate what you
get.

That was a bum deal. Part of the problem was the original installer was
fired, and confusion. I didn't want to fight. I bought a tank and they
installed it. Plum ing company referred by friend, inlaws, of course.

For my air problem. I heard the thermostat clicking relays. Heat to cool,
after delays. No other indications on readout. Took batteries out, a bit
low. Reinstalled new batteries, and the thing now works properly. Could be
the batteries or combination of circuitry needing reset ? Standard common
white Rodgers stat.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message
[...]

I have gone through a few thermostats. The white Rodgers has been the best
overall. Except for the time it went intermittent after I was hammer
drilling the wall.
I fixed it by resoldering the crystal for the processor.

Greg

hvac Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 2 May 10th 12 02:00 AM
HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac Larry F Home Repair 20 December 30th 05 04:40 AM
HVAC questions welcomed at alt.hvac m Ransley Home Repair 0 December 28th 05 03:35 PM
please post your HVAC questions to alt.hvac hawaiian Home Repair 4 December 9th 05 06:20 AM
Hvac hvacguru Home Repair 2 April 29th 05 05:41 PM