Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Candelabra base LED light that last.

In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America
1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of
30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a
day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed
completely.

Most of the failed bulbs were operated less than 12 hours a day. All
but one of the bulbs that are still working are now MUCH less bright
than they were when they were new.)

Are there any candelabra base LED lights that put out at least half
as much light as the Lights of America 1.5 watt candelabra base LED
lights but that will actually last 30,000 (or more) hours? Thank
you in advance for all replies.
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 May 2012 00:56:28 -0700, Daniel Prince
wrote:

When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.

That's animal abuse!!!!
Someone should kick YOU in the balls.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote Re Candelabra base LED light that last.:

In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America
1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of
30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a
day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed
completely.

Looks like you got suckered by the LED craze. Given what you probably
paid for the LoA lights and what you will pay for the next batch of
LED; You could have probably have run long-life incandescents 24/7 for
6.5986541132598741325 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tangerine should come to my church meeting house.
We have a clowset full of balls. He could take them in
the gym, and stay occupied. They are seldom properly
pressurized, he could blow all the balls to 5 PSI.

Tangerine probably supports spaying, and probably does
not think that cutting off a cat's balls is abuse.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.

That's animal abuse!!!!
Someone should kick YOU in the balls.....

The balls I kick are plastic toys. My cat was castrated before the
animal shelter allowed me to take him home.
--
When a cat sits in a human's lap both the human and the cat are usually
happy. The human is happy because he thinks the cat is sitting on him/her

Posted to alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince wrote:
In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America
1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of
30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a
day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed
completely.

Most of the failed bulbs were operated less than 12 hours a day. All
but one of the bulbs that are still working are now MUCH less bright
than they were when they were new.)

Are there any candelabra base LED lights that put out at least half
as much light as the Lights of America 1.5 watt candelabra base LED
lights but that will actually last 30,000 (or more) hours? Thank
you in advance for all replies.

It's got to have enough metal heat sink. I would also suggest dimable.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" writes:

Tangerine should come to my church meeting house.
We have a clowset full of balls. He could take them in
the gym, and stay occupied. They are seldom properly
pressurized, he could blow all the balls to 5 PSI.

Tangerine probably supports spaying, and probably does
not think that cutting off a cat's balls is abuse.

I remember the days before we used to fix cats.
Our male would disappear for days at a time and each time
he'd come back with less of his ears.

I've had 2 males that lost their ears completely.

As for the females, a cat's gestation period is 2 months.
They can really pump out kittens. Unless you have something
preying on the cats, you can have hundreds of them in two
years.

So, let's hope Tangerine supports spaying.
I know I do.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2012 3:56 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America
1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of
30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a
day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed
completely.

I've had great success with Philips lighting products.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 13, 2:56*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
[...]

LOA lamps of either CFL or LED persuasion are CRAP!!!. I don't know
of any LOA bulbs that come anywhere close to even meeting half their
claims for life and/or brightness. You have learned this lesson the
hard way. Also, both cfl and LED bulbs are not too happy when
operated upside down, as the electronics that actually provide the
power to the lighting elements don't take kindly to heat, and when the
lamp is operated upside down, the electronics in the base are
subjected to much more heat than when they are operated base down.
Quality Phillips bulbs seem to be much more robust, in my experience.
Posted to alt.home.repair

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...st-697371-.htm
sunney wrote:

why did you buy so many light bulbs at one time ?craze.

-------------------------------------

http://www.sencart.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RP McMurphy" wrote in message
On 5/13/2012 3:56 AM, Daniel Prince wrote:
In early 2010 we bought several packages of the Lights of America
1.5 watt candelabra base LED lights. They have a claimed life of
30,000 hours. (That is 3.42238376 years if they were lit 24 hours a
day, every day. More than 80 percent of those bulbs have now failed
completely.

I've had great success with Philips lighting products.

After a similar bad experience with some LED outdoor lighting, I now do the
following:

- Use products from the major manufacturers - GE, Philips or Osram-Syvania

- Use Energy Star qualified products (There's a list at:
http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?...up&pgw_code=LB

In either case, you will at least get a bulb from a manufacturerer who is
likely to be around for a while, has a product warranty and handles
complaints. Energy Star requires warranties for all products with its
label.

Tomsic