Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1500-1700 lumens CFL with mini/candelabra/B10 base?

I just installed a beautiful new Hunter ceiling fan in the master
bedroom, and discovered the only light bulb it takes is the kind with
the B10 or "candelabra" base, and no more than 40 watts per bulb.

Being this is the primary light fixture in the bedroom, two 40 watt
standard bulbs ain't gonna cut it. I'd like to use CFLs (more light
for less power) but can't find ones strong enough.

Here's what I need:
CFL
B10/candelabra base
30-40 watts
1500-1700 lumen output (~100-120 watt equivalent)

The usual big box stores don't have 'em, and I'll be frakked if I can
find 'em on the Intartubes. Any ideas where I should look/call/go?

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kyle wrote:
I just installed a beautiful new Hunter ceiling fan in the master
bedroom, and discovered the only light bulb it takes is the kind with
the B10 or "candelabra" base, and no more than 40 watts per bulb.

Being this is the primary light fixture in the bedroom, two 40 watt
standard bulbs ain't gonna cut it. I'd like to use CFLs (more light
for less power) but can't find ones strong enough.

Here's what I need:
CFL
B10/candelabra base
30-40 watts
1500-1700 lumen output (~100-120 watt equivalent)

The usual big box stores don't have 'em, and I'll be frakked if I can
find 'em on the Intartubes. Any ideas where I should look/call/go?

Thanks!

Whats an "Intartubes"? I know real electrical supply places sell them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 9:43*am, Kyle wrote:
I just installed a beautiful new Hunter ceiling fan in the master
bedroom, and discovered the only light bulb it takes is the kind with
the B10 or "candelabra" base, and no more than 40 watts per bulb.

Being this is the primary light fixture in the bedroom, two 40 watt
standard bulbs ain't gonna cut it. I'd like to use CFLs (more light
for less power) but can't find ones strong enough.

Here's what I need:
CFL
B10/candelabra base
30-40 watts
1500-1700 lumen output (~100-120 watt equivalent)

The usual big box stores don't have 'em, and I'll be frakked if I can
find 'em on the Intartubes. Any ideas where I should look/call/go?

Thanks!

If you are in the midwest Menards has the best deals on CFL w/
candelabra base I got 60 watt equiv. for under $4.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 7:43*am, Kyle wrote:
I just installed a beautiful new Hunter ceiling fan in the master
bedroom, and discovered the only light bulb it takes is the kind with
the B10 or "candelabra" base, and no more than 40 watts per bulb.

Being this is the primary light fixture in the bedroom, two 40 watt
standard bulbs ain't gonna cut it. I'd like to use CFLs (more light
for less power) but can't find ones strong enough.

Here's what I need:
CFL
B10/candelabra base
30-40 watts
1500-1700 lumen output (~100-120 watt equivalent)

The usual big box stores don't have 'em, and I'll be frakked if I can
find 'em on the Intartubes. Any ideas where I should look/call/go?

Thanks!

The best I could find was a 14 watt cfl

http://www.1000bulbs.com/search.php?...2%22& x=0&y=0

this website (or elsewhere) has a candelabra base to medium base
adapter, so you could go to just about any size cfl

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 10:43�am, Kyle wrote:
I just installed a beautiful new Hunter ceiling fan in the master
bedroom, and discovered the only light bulb it takes is the kind with
the B10 or "candelabra" base, and no more than 40 watts per bulb.

Being this is the primary light fixture in the bedroom, two 40 watt
standard bulbs ain't gonna cut it. I'd like to use CFLs (more light
for less power) but can't find ones strong enough.

Here's what I need:
CFL
B10/candelabra base
30-40 watts
1500-1700 lumen output (~100-120 watt equivalent)

The usual big box stores don't have 'em, and I'll be frakked if I can
find 'em on the Intartubes. Any ideas where I should look/call/go?

Thanks!

many cieling fans can accept different socket bulb sets. I changed one
here, from roun d single bulb to 4 bulb with CFLs.

this is likely your best option, since candelabra lamps are low output
and cost a fortune

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 10:43*am, Kyle wrote:
Any ideas where I should look/call/go?