Posted to alt.home.repair

Default snake catching thing

Many years ago I saw a two piece thing for catching and transporting
snakes. It was made up of one piece that had an L bracket on a long
handle that was used to pin the snake to the ground. The other piece was
another handle that had a loop on one end that you could put over the
snakes head and tighten with one hand. What is this thing called and
where do I purchase it?
I don`t want to kill the black snake but it is after some baby birds.
All snakes are good snakes but I don`t want him/her under my deck
either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Herb,

Google "choke stick" or "noose pole". They make small ones for snakes.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 6, 1:56*pm, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
* Many years ago I saw a two piece thing for catching and transporting
snakes. *It was made up of one piece that had an L bracket on a long
handle that was used to pin the snake to the ground. The other piece was
another handle that had a loop on one end that you could put over the
snakes head and tighten with one hand. *What is this thing called and
where do I purchase it?
I don`t want to kill the black snake but it is after some baby birds.
All snakes are good snakes but I don`t want him/her under my deck
either.

Hey, how about one of those "Grabbers" from the dollar store? LOL

Maybe make something from an old broomstick. Ought to be easy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/7/2012 12:46 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 5/7/2012 2:35 PM, Robert Macy wrote:
On May 6, 11:56 am, (Herb Eneva) wrote:
Many years ago I saw a two piece thing for catching and transporting
snakes. It was made up of one piece that had an L bracket on a long
handle that was used to pin the snake to the ground. The other piece was
another handle that had a loop on one end that you could put over the
snakes head and tighten with one hand. What is this thing called and
where do I purchase it?
I don`t want to kill the black snake but it is after some baby birds.
All snakes are good snakes but I don`t want him/her under my deck
either.

Do you KNOW if the snake can be relocated?

Here in AZ, I've been told that if you try to relocate a rattler away
from your home, you might as well have killed it quckly, because it
will die slowly. They CAN'T be transferred successfully.

So far got a 4 footer by the main door. A 3 footer by the
entertainment room's sliding door [which swung up to strike as I
almost stepped on it!] and another 4 footer [2 inch diameter!] by the
garage and power access panel. Hated to do kill such successfull
predators because I know they go after the rats. I hate to lose the
tiny little chipmunks though - they're fun to watch whenever they
discover a 'new' structure they can run around on - and play 'king of
the hill'.

At least the snake carcasses feed the carion eaters, turkey
vultures.

By the way, rattler venom STINKS!!! Doesn't seem to wash off very
easily either.

i can't imagine why ANYONE would want to "relocate" a rattler. LMAO! Why
would you want to do anything but kill it?

if we killed all the snakes, we'd be hip deep in pack rats and chipmunks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 May 2012 13:07:09 -0700, chaniarts
wrote:

i can't imagine why ANYONE would want to "relocate" a rattler. LMAO! Why
would you want to do anything but kill it?

if we killed all the snakes, we'd be hip deep in pack rats and chipmunks.

We are hip deep in gang bangers.... what a mess.

This guy tried to run over his landlord with a '66 ford van?

http://www.popfi.com/wp-content/uploads/jesse-thornhill.jpg

Surname: Thornhill
Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve Barker wrote in
:

[...]

That's right. Anything armed like a snake with venom should be killed.
Hmmmmm, human with gun...