Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Anybody other sources for white woven-wire picket fencing???

Absolutely only Source I've located. Shipping from S TX is quite high
and my ride w/ local fella' that hauls scrap iron to near Houston won't
be making another trip until probably sometime this winter so thought
I'd see if anybody here has any sources...

http://www.afence.com/store/product.php?productid=16482&cat=474&page=1

In particular, will be heading east to E TN, NC (Raleigh) and possibly
Cincy area shortly. I could be convinced to take the truck instead of
car and haul some back if were either near one of those locations or not
terribly far out of way on return trip...oh, starting point is SW KS;
typical route is I40 from OKC although have done about all possible
intermediates out of boredom over the years; the path via KCK and StL to
I64 is only about as far out of way north as Memphis is south so very
little to choose from one way or t'other...

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

D-

I composed a rather long response & somehow lost it............

abbreviated version follows

natural or red snow fence (not white)
but free shipping to local stores

http://www.doitbest.com/Snow_+wood+a...sku-727662.dib

mfr of snow fence

http://www.lrmccoy.com/product/produ...g=1&c=16&sr=30

white is special order & min qty is daunting

the only white fence I found was at your supplier

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On 5/8/2012 12:57 AM, DD_BobK wrote:

natural or red snow fence (not white)
but free shipping to local stores

http://www.doitbest.com/Snow_+...

mfr of snow fence

http://www.lrmccoy.com/product/produ...g=1&c=16&sr=30

white is special order& min qty is daunting

the only white fence I found was at your supplier

Yeah, I had tried at local lumber yard which is a DoItBest affiliate.
Not sure whether had seen the McCoy one or not.

Neither of those is the picket style; just standard snow fence, white or
not, which is out for the purpose of replacing existing around the house.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and either make a trip south
or pay the piper for the freight from TX.

Thnx for looking, anyway; apparently it's another of the common-enough
things of years ago that is no (almost) more...it's just much more
cost-effective than alternatives plus it's what's always been.

wover-wire / field fencing -- is Redbrand worth the extra kansascats Home Repair 18 December 27th 09 10:35 PM
White picket fences... Spamlet UK diy 10 July 7th 08 04:33 PM
What Paint for Picket Fencing? Davy UK diy 6 February 10th 07 11:49 PM
Source of fencing wire please Broadback UK diy 5 March 7th 06 04:21 PM
Help with white picket fence (long) Jenn Woodworking 4 July 18th 05 03:10 PM