Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More bypass sliding door Q's?

Some day this house reno will be complete!!!

I've run into a problem with mounting some 36" x 1 1/4" sliding closet
doors. Using the original track the front door will not clear the
back door (adj wheel or screws depending on hanger type scrape rear
door). These are the original doors from that closet but the roller
mechanisms had to be changed as the old ones were broken.

It appears that the distance from the center of one channel and the
other is only 1". When I visit the big box centers I only see one
sliding door kit available and it also seems to be 1" in separation.

I've tried the shallow offset hangers in the front and rear and
neither work. What might I be missing in this (should be) simple
task? I've mounted 5 other sets in this same house which work fine
but these are the only doors that are thicker.

Ideas/suggestions Please?

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:08*pm, wrote:
[...]

Don't you have the original hangers, take them to the store?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 2 May 2012 22:02:21 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On May 2, 1:08*pm, wrote:
[...]

The original hangers were broken long ago.

However, I finally visited HD and picked up a new bypass sliding kit.
I measured and the distance between the track centers was the same as
the old one. But, the instructions stated to mount the track 1/2"
further away from the fascade than the original. So I did, mounted
the supplied hangers onto the doors, inserted the read, then the first
and voila`, they WORK!!!

Thanks to those who replied.

SLIDING DOOR shock current UK diy 0 August 9th 09 01:02 PM
Converting normal door to be a sliding door? dmc UK diy 12 November 10th 08 05:57 PM
Sliding door Terry Cano Home Repair 7 October 22nd 08 01:11 PM
Fitting a 71' french door into a 74" sliding door opening Greg Kroll Home Repair 4 March 29th 08 12:17 AM
To bypass or not to bypass (UFH Central Heating) jks UK diy 3 September 12th 06 11:22 PM