Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage disposal --- Quick and cheap

My 15 year old garbage disposal sort of bit the dust. After removing
it, I think it can be repaired, but too late, the new one is in place.
This is sort of a mundane story,but there is money to be saved if you
look around. I knew what I wanted, a batch feed unit from either
KitchenAid (what we had) or InSinkErator (same thing, different
brand).

When we first had the problem, my wife said "want to run to Lowes",
but I declined and decided to hit the internet first.

Lowes carried the model I wanted KBDS100T for $429 + tax ($455.81
total in CT). They did not have it in stock, but would have it by May
1 for pickup in the store.

Amazon had it for $349 +$15.72 shipping. Sold by AJ Wholesale. In
stock.

Click, Click on to Abt.com an electronics supplier out of Chicago
area. $325 including shipping.

I never ordered from them, but took a chance. It was ordered on
Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday via UPS and delivered on Friday.

Installed it this morning in less than an hour, including looking for
the *@#$ screwdriver my grandson used. $130 still in my pocket.

I really like to shop local and support local merchants, but $130
takes a while to earn. It wills till be spread around local though.
Instead the appliance store, that money bought us lunch today, some
new shirts, etc. Buying a new shirt buys a bowl of rice for the kid
that sewed it in Bangladesh.

Garbage disposal JIMMIE Home Repair 1 December 28th 09 10:33 PM
Garbage disposal professorpaul Home Repair 7 October 21st 07 04:15 PM
garbage disposal badgolferman Home Repair 1 August 31st 03 06:41 AM