Posted to alt.home.repair

Default which windows program?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I really loved win 95. My computer wizzard upgraded me to 98, which was
useless. 98SE worked fine.

I was irritated when he upped that to win 2000, which seemed to work OK.
Seems like about every other win OS is a loser?

2000 was in the NT line. Win 98SE was the end of the Win 95 line.
You could change some of the menu settings to make 2000 look like the 95
series, and do it in XP. Win 98 was the first to actually support USB,
even though the later versions of Win 95 claimed to support it. The
problem was, no one bothered to write drivers for their products for
95. Vista is a pain, and I'm not crazy about Win 7, since it won't let
me do things the way I need to. I've written HTML in Wordpad since Win
95, but 7 won't let me save the files as .htm or .html. I don't like
the bloated tools they offer, since some people can't open pages created
with them.

I get by ok with xp. I still have a computer, dual boot w98se, w2k.
I scream at my vista laptop. I scream at my hp with w7, biggest problem is
the hp updater, and 64 bit.

Greg