Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default weed control

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help control
the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I really
don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway. There are
several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering if anybody
else has any experience with these or similar products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He...559132-1105857

thanks, cj
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2012 10:34 AM, cj wrote:
I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help
control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I
really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.
There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering
if anybody else has any experience with these or similar products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He...559132-1105857

thanks, cj

Which chemicals are you using? For spot weed killing I've found
chemicals like "Round-Up" work very well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...004Z2FP/ref=pd....

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He.../dp/B0007LL01U...

thanks, cj

Which chemicals are you using? For spot weed killing I've found
chemicals like "Round-Up" work very well.

I've used a propane weed torch to burn off dead weeds in areas like
stone
beds AFTER killing them with Roundup/glyphsate.
I've also used Roundup and some
of the extended version weed killers in a crush stone driveway. Both
work
well and better than screwing around with the torch. With a torch you
aren't killing the root, many will regrow, and you have to keep doing
it
every few weeks. For a driveway, the
extended versions that prevents new growth for a few months is what I
would generally use.
Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote in
:

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help
control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I
really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.
There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering
if anybody else has any experience with these or similar products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...4Z2FP/ref=pd_c
p_hi_1/186-3559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He...p/B0007LL01U/r
ef=pd_cp_hi_3/186-3559132-1105857

thanks, cj

really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.

If this implies you would use chemicals that would work:

Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer

Applied as directed and it will kill anything. Sterilizes the soil for the
season so nothing will grow. Driveway cracks, gravel areas, curbs,
sidewalks are good applications. Get it on or near the edge of a lawn and
rename it Lawn-Be-Gone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 12:02*pm, Red Green wrote:
cj wrote :

[...]

I agree it does indeed work and I would recommend it.
But it doesn't sterilize the soil nor is that required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
cj wrote in
:

[...]

I liked it better when it was called Triox, a quart would go a long,
long way. Now a quart will make a gallon and doesn't *defoliate* like
it use to.
Still works , ya just have to buy and use more

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2012 10:34 AM, cj wrote:
I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help control
the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since I really
don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway. There are
several products available @ amazon.com and I was wondering if anybody
else has any experience with these or similar products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He...559132-1105857

thanks, cj

this is the one i just received. I'm looking forward to burning
anything that gets in front of it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in
:

On Mar 25, 12:02*pm, Red Green wrote:
cj wrote

:

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help
control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year
since I really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work
anyway. There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was
wondering if anybody else has any experience with these or similar
products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-...004Z2FP/ref=pd
_

p_hi_1/186-3559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-He.../dp/B0007LL01U
/r
ef=pd_cp_hi_3/186-3559132-1105857

thanks, cj
really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.

If this implies you would use chemicals that would work:

* * * * Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer

Applied as directed and it will kill anything. Sterilizes the soil
for th

season so nothing will grow. Driveway cracks, gravel areas, curbs,
sidewalks are good applications. Get it on or near the edge of a lawn
and rename it Lawn-Be-Gone.

I agree it does indeed work and I would recommend it.
But it doesn't sterilize the soil nor is that required.

doesn't sterilize

My bad info.

Fu*s it up so nothing will grow for a while. Good nuf description :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ChairMan" wrote in news:tyJbr.91764$5g.72567
@unlimited.newshosting.com:

Red Green wrote:
cj wrote in
:

I am thinking about purchasing a propane vapor torch kit to help
control the weeds that pop up in my gravel driveway every year since
I really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.
There are several products available @ amazon.com and I was
wondering
if anybody else has any experience with these or similar products

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dragon-VT-2-23-000-

BTU/dp/B00004Z2FP/ref=pd_c
p_hi_1/186-3559132-1105857

http://www.amazon.com/Single-Head-Heating-Torch-Kit-

450/dp/B0007LL01U/r
ef=pd_cp_hi_3/186-3559132-1105857

thanks, cj

really don't want to use chemicals that really don't work anyway.

If this implies you would use chemicals that would work:

Ortho GroundClear Vegetation Killer

Applied as directed and it will kill anything. Sterilizes the soil
for the season so nothing will grow. Driveway cracks, gravel areas,
curbs, sidewalks are good applications. Get it on or near the edge of
a lawn and rename it Lawn-Be-Gone.

I liked it better when it was called Triox, a quart would go a long,
long way. Now a quart will make a gallon and doesn't *defoliate* like
it use to.
Still works , ya just have to buy and use more

Yea I too rcall when it was Triox and a quart was good for a couple of
seasons for my use.

Progress sigh