Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bluepoint wrenches

I've been going through my Dad's old tools, and came across a set of
comination wrenches with the brand "Bluepoint" forged in raised
letters. I'm guessing they'd be 1930's-1940's vintage, although
there's a chance they were his fathers', 1900-1920 vintage.

Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/24/2012 04:56 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:
I've been going through my Dad's old tools, and came across a set of
comination wrenches with the brand "Bluepoint" forged in raised
letters. I'm guessing they'd be 1930's-1940's vintage, although
there's a chance they were his fathers', 1900-1920 vintage.

Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
"Zz Yzx" rhymes with "physics"; or " Isaacs" if you prefer.
http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/zzyzx_road.htm

"Blue Point" is basically Snap-On's "value" line. I'm not sure if they
were associated with Snap-On in the time frame that you mention or if
they were a separate company back then.

here's a link that might help you (no association)

http://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artif...ml#bp-wrenches

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Bluepoint wrenches Zz Yzx Metalworking 1 March 25th 12 02:57 PM
OT Bluepoint wrenches Zz Yzx Woodworking 2 March 24th 12 09:25 PM
Pricey Wrenches azotic Metalworking 20 December 24th 07 08:01 PM
Inexpensive Wrenches Jay Pique Woodworking 22 November 3rd 05 08:35 PM
Bonney wrenches? Clark Magnuson Metalworking 10 September 11th 04 05:16 AM