Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to lubricate Aluminum windows?

On Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 6:49:11 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/11/2015 8:26 PM, wrote:
On Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 3:54:32 PM UTC-4, Bob-tx wrote:
We had our house built in 1996, so it is now 17 years old. Aluminum windows
were installed.

Some windows that are seldom used are difficult to open, I think, and hope,
that lubing them
will fix that problem. I just don't know what kind of lube to use. I know
WD 40 is a no, and I
don't want something that will be a dirt & dust magnet.

What do you guys suggest? Oh yeah, and thanks.

Bob-tx

How bout using soap?

Watch Uncle Monster reccomend saw wax. Hard to get
into cracks, but works nicely, would you say, UM?

I've had good results with spray silicone.
--
.

Silicone spray is very good for lubricating things especially if you need it to get deep into cracks but the spray can get all over everything around what you wish to lube. I prefer saw wax over soap for lubricating aluminum windows because it isn't water soluble, won't be washed away by rain and can't corrode the aluminum as soap might. I like saw wax for lubricating the sliding surfaces of drawers rather than soap because it doesn't react with moisture in the air, damage wood or wood finishes or corrode metal. Once you get a tube of saw wax you will find all sorts of uses for the stuff. ‰–€ฟ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 8:26 PM, wrote:
[...]

If I didn't read any further it'd sound like you're talking about
worshiping that porcelain god thing again. (•ฏยฐ–กยฐ๏ผ‰•ฏ

I prefer saw wax over soap for lubricating
aluminum windows because it isn't water soluble, won't be washed away by
rain and can't corrode the aluminum as soap might.

whew! That clarifies things more. Š‚(—‰€ฟ—‰)ใค

I like saw wax for
lubricating the sliding surfaces of drawers rather than soap because it
doesn't react with moisture in the air, damage wood or wood finishes or
corrode metal. Once you get a tube of saw wax you will find all sorts of
uses for the stuff. ‰–€ฟ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 7:55 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I prefer saw wax over soap for lubricating aluminum

windows because it isn't water soluble, won't be washed
away by rain and can't corrode the aluminum as soap
might. I like saw wax for lubricating the sliding
surfaces of drawers rather than soap because it
doesn't react with moisture in the air, damage
wood or wood finishes or corrode metal. Once you
get a tube of saw wax you will find all sorts of
uses for the stuff. ‰–€ฟ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster

About the right size to carry in pocket for
lip balm?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 2:00:56 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/13/2015 7:55 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I prefer saw wax over soap for lubricating aluminum

windows because it isn't water soluble, won't be washed
away by rain and can't corrode the aluminum as soap
might. I like saw wax for lubricating the sliding
surfaces of drawers rather than soap because it
doesn't react with moisture in the air, damage
wood or wood finishes or corrode metal. Once you
get a tube of saw wax you will find all sorts of
uses for the stuff. ‰–€ฟ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster

About the right size to carry in pocket for
lip balm?
--
.

Yea, for monster lips. (ห˜ ยณห˜)

[8~{} Uncle Lip Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/11/2015 8:26 PM, wrote:
[...]

Some people have been known to eat a tube of saw wax to help things slide out more easily. (ฮธเทดฮธ)

[8~{} Uncle Tube Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

On Saturday, March 24, 2012 at 3:54:32 PM UTC-4, Bob-tx wrote:
We had our house built in 1996, so it is now 17 years old. Aluminum windows
were installed.

Some windows that are seldom used are difficult to open, I think, and hope,
that lubing them
will fix that problem. I just don't know what kind of lube to use. I know
WD 40 is a no, and I
don't want something that will be a dirt & dust magnet.

What do you guys suggest? Oh yeah, and thanks.

http://www.alumalub.com/home.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/13/2015 3:07 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 2:00:56 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
wood or wood finishes or corrode metal. Once you
get a tube of saw wax you will find all sorts of
uses for the stuff. ‰–€ฟ‰–

[8~{} Uncle Wax Monster

About the right size to carry in pocket for
lip balm?
--
.

Yea, for monster lips. (ห˜ ยณห˜)

[8~{} Uncle Lip Monster

I was going to answer this, but I saw your
comment, and mine got cut off. And, that's
the (saw) tooth! Well, I don't want to go
round and round.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Storm Windows on Aluminum Windows Greg Esres Home Repair 13 June 23rd 07 12:47 AM
replacing aluminum windows jenni Home Repair 0 March 9th 06 07:35 PM
Alcan aluminum windows [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 29th 05 09:06 PM
Aluminum Windows Don Home Repair 1 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
How to replace aluminum windows with "fin" ?? Keith Home Repair 5 August 3rd 05 07:56 PM