Posted to alt.home.repair

Default trying to remove 2" blinds from end clips

Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I
did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window but
I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the pics it
appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then outward but
it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better explain....
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 19:46:11 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I
did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window but
I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the pics it
appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then outward but
it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better explain....
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???

Remove the clip on one side, pull out towards you. The opposite end
will pull out easily. Keep the blind horizontal as you pull it out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window?
I did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window
but I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the
pics it appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then
outward but it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better
explain.... http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???

Remove the clip on one side, pull out towards you. The opposite end
will pull out easily. Keep the blind horizontal as you pull it out.

Actually, pop it out at the bottom and it should swivel upward.
i don't think that type is removable

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window?
I did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window
but I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the
pics it appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then
outward but it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better
explain.... http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???

Remove the clip on one side, pull out towards you. The opposite end
will pull out easily. Keep the blind horizontal as you pull it out.

Actually, pop it out at the bottom and it should swivel upward.
i don't think that type is removable

Thanks Oren and ChairMan.

This morning I got the right side to go down and than swing out and
upward. I haven't got the left side to do anything tho it looks like
it should do the same but as long as one side is free, I should not
need the other end. Fortunately the blinds are not too wide so the
removal isn't too heavy like one of the ones I did couple years ago
alone (in a dining room). Thanks again to both of YOU !!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/19/2012 8:46 PM, Doug wrote:
Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I
did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window but
I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the pics it
appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then outward but
it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better explain....
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???

Looks like your blind has the end bracket that snaps shut on the bottom;
compressing the end of the header whilst trying to unsnap the bracket
may work. I've had blinds where the bracket is removed entirely.

Check this link (need to scroll down to see the image):
http://www.beautifulblinds.com.au/in...?chosentype=CV

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:30:17 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

On 3/19/2012 8:46 PM, Doug wrote:
Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I
did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window but
I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the pics it
appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then outward but
it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better explain....
http://s456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/doug23314/

I am correct???

Looks like your blind has the end bracket that snaps shut on the bottom;
compressing the end of the header whilst trying to unsnap the bracket
may work. I've had blinds where the bracket is removed entirely.

Check this link (need to scroll down to see the image):
http://www.beautifulblinds.com.au/in...?chosentype=CV

Yes, the inside mount end bracket looks the same (in your URL) as the
one I managed to open. I think both ends on my blinds are the same
tho I only managed to open the right end so far. Thank you for the
URL !!! If I saw this first, I wouldn't have bothered with my pics.
I know it's always easier to see pics when asking questions.

Thanks again Norminn for the help !!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/19/2012 8:46 PM, Doug wrote:
[...]

I can almost remember having blinds with only one bracket that
opened...you would have to slide the header of the blind into the
opposite bracket and then into the open one....Of course, the average
diy'er will paint the bracket so's it will never open again )

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/19/2012 8:46 PM, Doug wrote:
[...]

diy'er will paint the bracket so's it will never open again )- Hide quoted text -

The blinds I have on my picture window have a hidden clip behind the
blinds that they snap into.

It makes for a nice look since all you see in front is the finished
casing of the blinds.

Granted, they weren't cheap, but they look good and have lasted a long
time.

I hate it when SWMBO is right!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 3/19/2012 8:46 PM, Doug wrote:
[...]

I could have managed I think with just one end open but now I've
managed to open the left end just the same as the right. I finally
got smart and just took a screw driver pointed at the bottom tab and
pushed it outward (toward me or away from the window) which then
loosened the bottom which then swung the front of the end bracket
outward at the bottom while pivoting at the top (hinge). For first
timers, it may be difficult to see this top hinge unless you look real
closely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

outward at the bottom while pivoting at the top (hinge). For first
timers, it may be difficult to see this top hinge unless you look real
closely.

For old timers, we put the dang things up and forgot how they worked ;o)

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug[_14_] View Post
Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the window? I
did it in another house a few years ago but now I'm stuck in this
house. It appears to have clips on the ends flush with the window but
I'm not sure how they open up to remove the blinds. From the pics it
appears like I should push the end's bottom down and then outward but
it's real stiff. Maybe these pics will help better explain....
Pictures by doug23314 - Photobucket

I am correct???
You have to open both brackets to slide out the blinds unless they were cut too skinny and there is a lot of play at the ends. (there shouldn't be) I have these blinds, and those brackets, and break a nail every time I have to take the stinkers down because for some reason I always want to believe that 'this time' they will both open without complaint.
To actually work it, I use the skinniest flathead screwdriver with the tip covered in a tshirt or other thin material to prevent scratches. Wedge the screwdriver between the bottom tab and the hook like part of the bracket. The tab part should come free and the whole arm cover thingy swings up and out of the way.

I've tried bending the bracket slightly to make them easier to work, but so far it has just been easier to leave them and clean them in place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:07:17 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

clipped

outward at the bottom while pivoting at the top (hinge). For first
timers, it may be difficult to see this top hinge unless you look real
closely.

For old timers, we put the dang things up and forgot how they worked ;o)

.... and forget where we put the installation instructions :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:07:17 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

clipped

outward at the bottom while pivoting at the top (hinge). For first
timers, it may be difficult to see this top hinge unless you look
real closely.

For old timers, we put the dang things up and forgot how they worked
;o)

... and forget where we put the installation instructions :-\

instructions???? who the hell ever reads the instructions, that's as
bad as asking for directionseg
blasphemy!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 23:01:39 -0500, "ChairMan" wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:07:17 -0400, Norminn
wrote:

clipped

outward at the bottom while pivoting at the top (hinge). For first
timers, it may be difficult to see this top hinge unless you look
real closely.

For old timers, we put the dang things up and forgot how they worked
;o)

... and forget where we put the installation instructions :-\

instructions???? who the hell ever reads the instructions, that's as
bad as asking for directionseg
blasphemy!!!!!!

ChairMan, Norminn and Oren ... you guys got me pegged !!!! You
described me to a tee. Thanks again!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 22:59:29 +0000, Crossties
wrote:

'Doug[_14_ Wrote:
;2827318']Can some refresh my memory how I remove the blinds from the
[...]

You're correct. See my earlier post how I finally got the left end
free. I think they are a bit stiff since they never were opened
since new (like 14 years). Unfortunately I'm 14 years older too
which probably doesn't help any if you know what I mean.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

I've tried bending the bracket slightly to make them easier to work, but
so far it has just been easier to leave them and clean them in place.

NOT!! If my blinds are too long for the bathtub, they go to the
carwash. When I was a little kid, my brother dusted the dining room
furniture and I dusted the venetian blinds. Never again, unless I'm
using a vacuum (and then only for highly visible debris )