Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sprinkler controller clock

I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense), when
I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can not be set
to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should it be that
limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"There is no virus attached to this e-mail. In God's name please send
this message to all your friends, then delete all the files on your hard
disk."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote:
I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense), when
I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can not be set
to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should it be that
limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

Hi,
Similar problem I had with Harmony universal controller for my home
theater devices. I had to update firmware to get the year 2012.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote:
I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense),
when I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can
not be set to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should
it be that limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

Here's all you need to know.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/11/2012 01:00 PM, Bob F wrote:
Mark Lloyd wrote:
I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense),
when I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can
not be set to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should
it be that limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

Here's all you need to know.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html

Interesting site, but not really useful here (with a clock/calendar
having such a limited range). I suppose it still works, just with the
wrong dates.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"There is no virus attached to this e-mail. In God's name please send
this message to all your friends, then delete all the files on your hard
disk."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote:
I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense),
when I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can
not be set to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should
it be that limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

Here's all you need to know.
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html

Interesting site, but not really useful here (with a clock/calendar
having such a limited range). I suppose it still works, just with the
wrong dates.

--
Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.us

"There is no virus attached to this e-mail. In God's name please send
this message to all your friends, then delete all the files on your hard
disk."

Why don't you share the manufacturer's name so we can make sure
we dont buy any of their crap? Sounds like a
deliberate means of planned obsolescene. On the other
hand, the need for an actual calendar in such a device, as opposed
to keeping track of the 7 days of the week, would appear
to me to be extremely limited. I hope it's at least usable without
the correct calendar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd wrote:
[...]

the correct calendar.- Hide quoted text -

Ju s find a year where the days line up with those for the rest of
this year and set the year to that year. Basic rocket science
Posted to alt.home.repair

[snip]

Why don't you share the manufacturer's name so we can make sure
we dont buy any of their crap?

Sorry about that omission, its a Hunter SRC900i, which I got in 1998.

It has other problems, including difficult buttons. Sometimes it can
take ABOUT 3 presses to get it to do anything. Sometimes 1 press is
treated like 2 or 3. This is getting worse. Also, the cover over the
terminals keeps coming off (and the battery falls out). Backup batteries
don't last long enough, and the controller resets to its defaults, which
I don't like.

Sounds like a
deliberate means of planned obsolescene. On the other
hand, the need for an actual calendar in such a device, as opposed
to keeping track of the 7 days of the week, would appear
to me to be extremely limited. I hope it's at least usable without
the correct calender.

The TIME (as opposed to date) seems to be working OK, although there was
one instance where it was 100% fast (counts 2 hours for every 1) for a
day or so. There may be a problem with day of week, which can matter in
the summer when the city has rules about watering only on certain days.

Other than the above problems, it seems to be doing OK. I have used it
for only one watering cycle so far this year, after I put out fertilizer.

BTW, I wish it would turn OFF after a manual cycle.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Know god, no peace.... no god, know peace."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/12/2012 09:46 AM, hr(bob) wrote:

[snip]

Ju s find a year where the days line up with those for the rest of
this year and set the year to that year. Basic rocket science

2001 shows the day of week right.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Know god, no peace.... no god, know peace."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 12, 12:51*pm, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 03/12/2012 09:46 AM, hr(bob) wrote:

[snip]

Ju s find a year where the days line up with those for the rest of
this year and set the year to that year. *Basic rocket science

2001 shows the day of week right.

--
Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.us

"Know god, no peace.... no god, know peace."

Come on...you're kidding, right?

If the OP sets his sprinkler to 2001 the water will be 11 years old
and probably contain all sorts of nasties. He'll instantly get 11 year
old weeds and even worse, 11 year old insects.

I wouldn't want to be around when one of them critters comes
knocking.