Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Incandescent light bulb replacements

On 4/8/2012 12:37 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article04356535-4e9d-46c6-9400-db8c682dc139
@x17g2000vba.googlegroups.com, says...

On Apr 8, 12:22 pm, "J. wrote:
In articlee372304a-6140-4840-b685-
, says...

On Apr 8, 5:12 am, wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 22:59:15 -0500,
wrote:

On 4/7/2012 10:11 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 20:55:14 -0400, wrote:

At my church, we have a lot of "can lights" in the ceiling. They
had been taking out the 150 watt filament bulbs, and using CF
"curly cue" bulbs. Now they are installing LED flood lights, and
are totally pleased with them.

They T-30 are about $40 each, and can't remember. 18 watts
power draw, is it? Brighter actually than the 150 watt filament
bulbs that had been in there. The flood light style throws the light
down and out, instead of bouncing around the tin can.

Churches have lots of money, and they never work for it. They just rob
people who are stupid enough to join their church. They should pay
double what others pay for bulbs. After all, God will reimburse them!!!

Jesus was a crooked Jew who still robs people today, 2000 years later.
Never let any Jew near your wallet!!!!

You post that on Easter eve?

May the Lord "reimburse" you too.

Of course, Jesus was the king of the Jews. King because he robbed
everyone and still does today.

Never let any Jew near your wallet!!!! (Especially Jesus Christ).- Hide quoted text -

I think you will find it is the modern adherents of Christianity that
rob people.
Such as the nutty religions in the USA.

BTW, Jesus was not a Jew, he was a Palestinian. He spoke Aramiac, a
precursor of Arabic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus#L...and_appearance

So what was his religion then? Was he a pagan animist or something?- Hide quoted text -

Christianity as we know it was an invention after he died.
The bible as we know it was heavily censored and edited by the synods
of Antioch.
So the whole edifice is a pure invention/fiction devised so that a
priest caste could make a good living out ofthe ignorance of the
general populace.
As they still do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synods_of_Antioch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Gospels

Oh for the sake of Ghu, why did I not include "don't anybody "help"
him"?

Personally, I decided to convert and become a Pastafarian, everyone is
welcome. Come join us and be sated. ^_^

http://www.venganza.org/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 8, 12:22*pm, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article e372304a-6140-4840-b685-
, says....

On Apr 8, 5:12*am, wrote:
On Sat, 07 Apr 2012 22:59:15 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 4/7/2012 10:11 PM, wrote:
[...]

him"?- Hide quoted text -

Ghu????????????
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article db7bb9c8-a265-4b9d-8d4f-32ca1bbae3c6
@n5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com, says...

wrote:

On 4/7/2012 10:11 PM, wrote:
[...]

One of the major deities of Fantheism.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 4/7/2012 10:11 PM, wrote:
[...]

Are you sure you didn't mean "Pantheism"? You could have been making an
esoteric reference to "Ghu" a religious icon of the Andorians from the
Star Trek universe? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Ghu????????????

One of the major deities of Fantheism.

Are you sure you didn't mean "Pantheism"? You could have been making an
esoteric reference to "Ghu" a religious icon of the Andorians from the
Star Trek universe? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

(...)

Personally, I decided to convert and become a Pastafarian, everyone is welcome. Come join us and be sated. ^_^

http://www.venganza.org/

Sauce be upon Him, brother.

--Winston

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

harry wrote:

(...)

Ghu????????????

Not much. What's Ghu with you?

--Winston
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/9/2012 9:19 AM, Winston wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

(...)

Personally, I decided to convert and become a Pastafarian, everyone is
welcome. Come join us and be sated. ^_^

http://www.venganza.org/

Sauce be upon Him, brother.

--Winston

May The Shower Of Parmesan descend upon you brother. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:06:40 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

May the wind be always at your back, and may you outlast your stash of
incandescents.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

May the wind be always at your back, and may you outlast your stash of
incandescents.

Hear hear!!

There won't be any shortage of standard 100 watt bulbs for years -- if ever.
They're still on the shelves at the same prices as last year in my area and
Canada has postponed its phase-out for the 100 watt for another two years.
I've seen a 50 watt halogen bulb that emits 1600 lumens and is rated for
1500 hours life and which looks and operates like a standard incandescent
bulb. It meets all the federal and state requirements now on the books, so
I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/9/2012 5:21 PM, Tomsic wrote:

There won't be any shortage of standard 100 watt bulbs for years -- if ever.
They're still on the shelves at the same prices as last year in my area and
Canada has postponed its phase-out for the 100 watt for another two years.
I've seen a 50 watt halogen bulb that emits 1600 lumens and is rated for
1500 hours life and which looks and operates like a standard incandescent
bulb. It meets all the federal and state requirements now on the books, so
I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.

Tomsic

Yep!

Show me someone who is still using 100 watt incandescent bulbs and I'll
show you a ****ing idiot.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

May the wind be always at your back, and may you outlast your stash of
incandescents.

Thanks.

I also have supplies of 40 & 60 Watt for other needs around the house
& shop. Like the 60 W green bulbs that are use in my outdoor lights at
Christmas. The green CFL just look like crap.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Hear hear!!

Where? Where? ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...]

The only place I've seen them so far is Walmart, and they only have
about two feet of shelf space, compared to 150+ feet before 20012.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Harry Johnson wrote:

On 4/9/2012 5:21 PM, Tomsic wrote:

There won't be any shortage of standard 100 watt bulbs for years -- if ever.
They're still on the shelves at the same prices as last year in my area and
Canada has postponed its phase-out for the 100 watt for another two years.
I've seen a 50 watt halogen bulb that emits 1600 lumens and is rated for
1500 hours life and which looks and operates like a standard incandescent
bulb. It meets all the federal and state requirements now on the books, so
I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.

Tomsic

Yep!

Show me someone who is still using 100 watt incandescent bulbs and I'll
show you a ****ing idiot.

Yawn. CFLs won't fit some fixtures, and their color temperature
really sucks. Some places they are used as both a source of light and
heat. CFLs don't work well at low temperatures, or in enclosed fixtures
where they overheat. conventional florescent lamps flicker at 120 Hz.
I have a very short persistence of vision and they can give me migraines
if I'm under them for too long. That makes you the ****ing idiot,
Doesn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Harry Johnson wrote:

On 4/9/2012 5:21 PM, Tomsic wrote:

There won't be any shortage of standard 100 watt bulbs for
years -- if ever. They're still on the shelves at the same
prices as last year in my area and Canada has postponed its
phase-out for the 100 watt for another two years. I've seen a
50 watt halogen bulb that emits 1600 lumens and is rated for
1500 hours life and which looks and operates like a standard
incandescent bulb. It meets all the federal and state
requirements now on the books, so I'm wondering what all the
fuss is about.

Tomsic

Yep!

Show me someone who is still using 100 watt incandescent bulbs
and I'll show you a ****ing idiot.

Yawn. CFLs won't fit some fixtures, and their color
temperature
really sucks.

Not true. Some Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs are bright and
beautiful, at least as white as incandescent. I'm using them. If
all you care about is price, naturally you just grab General
Electric, and that's your mistake.

--

Some places they are used as both a source of
light and heat. CFLs don't work well at low temperatures, or in
enclosed fixtures where they overheat. conventional florescent
lamps flicker at 120 Hz. I have a very short persistence of
vision and they can give me migraines if I'm under them for too
long. That makes you the ****ing idiot, Doesn't it?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:

Not true. Some Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs are bright and
beautiful, at least as white as incandescent.

At least as white? That is meaningless. The human eye is used to
sunlight, and the closer a lamp's color temperature is to the sun's the
better it is for proper color rendition.

I'm using them. If all you care about is price, naturally you just
grab General Electric, and that's your mistake.

Yawn. Is that how you shop, by price alone? If that were true, they
would use the crap in TV & movie studios, instead of color corrected
Halogens. How many TV studios have you engineered? How many times have
you done lighting for a remote feed, or for a good quality Industrial
Video production. How many TV stations did you work as an engineer?
How many TV stations did you build?

Only one florescent lamp here is a GE It is a small, under counter
lamp in the laundry buiilding and has been there for 13 years.

I'm sure that you have no clue that GE and other companies make a
broad range of both Incandescent & Florescent lamps. If you did, you
wouldn't have made that vague comment.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message m...

Yawn. CFLs won't fit some fixtures, and their color temperature
really sucks. Some places they are used as both a source of light and
heat. CFLs don't work well at low temperatures, or in enclosed fixtures
where they overheat. conventional florescent lamps flicker at 120 Hz.
I have a very short persistence of vision and they can give me migraines
if I'm under them for too long. That makes you the ****ing idiot,
Doesn't it?

I have installed 19 of these so far.
Even my persnickety wife likes them.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

You don't have to believe it. Enjoy your blissful ignorance,
I don't care.

Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 20:05:37 -0400
From: "Michael A. Terrell" mike.terrell earthlink.net
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Subject: Incandescent light bulb replacements
References: MPG.29eb3ee5dad0b01298a59e hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local 04356535-4e9d-46c6-9400-db8c682dc139 x17g2000vba.googlegroups.com MPG.29eb96eb4bab728098a5a1 hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local db7bb9c8-a265-4b9d-8d4f-32ca1bbae3c6 n5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com MPG.29ec76051a05071398a5a7 hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local jluda5$nke$1 dont-email.me ynAgr.33070$gX6.31130 news.usenetserver.com bL2dnWepzLi8ih7SnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d earthlink.com m866o7l0r0lcqnd990rfen3epc4r5kdocm 4ax.com nae6o79oj1iaofqgq9gou7m5iga8hlippu 4ax.com jlvl7e$6je$1 dont-email.me jlvo6601s28 news4.newsguy.com zpGdnXJ1JIL57x7SnZ2dnUVZ_rsAAAAA earthlink.com jlvs8d$dvh$1 dont-email.me

John Doe wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In your ear, ear.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Gunner Asch wrote:

Hear hear!!

Where? Where? ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

John Doe wrote:

You don't have to believe it. Enjoy your blissful ignorance,
I don't care.

You never do, when someone presents facts. After all, there is real
science behind light. Unlike trolling.

I suppose the forged messages will start again? That is your typical
MO, when people start to ignore you.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Abraham O'Malley wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message m...

Yawn. CFLs won't fit some fixtures, and their color temperature
really sucks. Some places they are used as both a source of light and
heat. CFLs don't work well at low temperatures, or in enclosed fixtures
where they overheat. conventional florescent lamps flicker at 120 Hz.
I have a very short persistence of vision and they can give me migraines
if I'm under them for too long. That makes you the ****ing idiot,
Doesn't it?

I have installed 19 of these so far.
Even my persnickety wife likes them.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

Good for her.

How is it for reading EIA color codes? Or for reading the tiny print
on SMD components? My eyesight is poor, and none of the Florescent or
LED lights I've tried so far render the proper color. That makes it
impossible to read component values. I had a pair of 80W florescent
tubes four feet above my workbench at my last job, and still needed fill
lighting. I have four 40W over my main workbench at home, yet I have
three or more incandescent clamp lights there for critical work. I was
working on surface mount electronics. Some of the leads were spaced
..015", center to center. I had to be able to see them, to look for
shorts or bad solder joints.

How about for lighting for color photography, or don't you care about
proper color reproduction? It would only take about $750 worth of those
to get enough light for a very tiny photo booth, instead of all the
color corrected light I need for about $200. Sometimes you need a dozen
or more light sources to remove all the shadows of irregularly shaped
items. I have a couple web cameras with LED lighting, and the color
rendition sucks.

I have some CFLs & LED lights, but only in non critical locations.
One LED light is on one of my gateposts. The other is a 15 W halogen,
making the first post light brighter to locate the driveway. The second
only needs to show you what not to hit.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

In your ear, ear.

Is that what's causing the double tinitus?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

May the wind be always at your back, and may you outlast your stash of
incandescents.

Thanks.

I also have supplies of 40 & 60 Watt for other needs around the house
& shop. Like the 60 W green bulbs that are use in my outdoor lights at
Christmas. The green CFL just look like crap.

They all look green (baby crap green).
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

They all look green (baby crap green).

Not when it pitch black outside. The incandescent 'Party Bulb' is a
deep green. The CFL, is closer to chartreuse.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 09 Apr 2012
13:06:40 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

Walmart still had some, a few days ago. I guess that it would depend
on which store you use. It's amazing, though. I saw four packs of
incandescents for $1, next to two packs of CFLs for $15.

I have about 100, 100 W left, so I should run out about the time I
die.

There is a guy in Germany who is selling 99 watt "heat lamps".
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 09 Apr 2012
19:36:07 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Yep!

Show me someone who is still using 100 watt incandescent bulbs and I'll
show you a ****ing idiot.

Yawn. CFLs won't fit some fixtures, and their color temperature
really sucks. Some places they are used as both a source of light and
heat. CFLs don't work well at low temperatures, or in enclosed fixtures
where they overheat. conventional florescent lamps flicker at 120 Hz.
I have a very short persistence of vision and they can give me migraines
if I'm under them for too long. That makes you the ****ing idiot,
Doesn't it?

Florescence bulbs also cause problems with people with "sensory
issues". Nothing like being a in a class room or lecture hall, with
the lights strobing to enhance the educational experience.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich phamp mindspring.com wrote:

Florescence bulbs also cause problems with people with "sensory
issues". Nothing like being a in a class room or lecture hall, with
the lights strobing to enhance the educational experience.

Because Glenn Beck told you so.

From: pyotr filipivich phamp mindspring.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 12:22:18 -0700
References: db7bb9c8-a265-4b9d-8d4f-32ca1bbae3c6 n5g2000vbf.googlegroups.com MPG.29ec76051a05071398a5a7 hamster.jcbsbsdomain.local jluda5$nke$1 dont-email.me ynAgr.33070$gX6.31130 news.usenetserver.com bL2dnWepzLi8ih7SnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d earthlink.com m866o7l0r0lcqnd990rfen3epc4r5kdocm 4ax.com nae6o79oj1iaofqgq9gou7m5iga8hlippu 4ax.com jlvl7e$6je$1 dont-email.me jlvo6601s28 news4.newsguy.com zpGdnXJ1JIL57x7SnZ2dnUVZ_rsAAAAA earthlink.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Do you mean "heat balls"? I've heard of heat balls.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Last place in the universe that sells 100 watt incandescents?

There is a guy in Germany who is selling 99 watt "heat lamps".
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the
question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers
does it take to change a lightbulb.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"John Doe" wrote in message
pyotr filipivich phamp mindspring.com wrote:

Florescence bulbs also cause problems with people with "sensory
issues". Nothing like being a in a class room or lecture hall, with
the lights strobing to enhance the educational experience.

Because Glenn Beck told you so.

There may be "sensory" issues with fluorescent lighting, but strobing is no
longer one of them. That went away with the advent of electronic ballasts.
Sure, there's still some installations with electromagnetic ballasts
around, but anything installed in the last 10 years uses electronic
high-frequency ballasts including consumer CFLs.

Tomsic

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Florescence bulbs also cause problems with people with "sensory
issues". Nothing like being a in a class room or lecture hall, with
the lights strobing to enhance the educational experience.

That makes you want to take a broom and smash all the bad bulbs.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

pyotr filipivich wrote:

There is a guy in Germany who is selling 99 watt "heat lamps".

Yeah, but they are 240 V

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Do you mean "heat balls"? I've heard of heat balls.

Heat (IR) lamps have been around for generations. Some have red
glass to block almost everything, except IR.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" on Fri, 13 Apr 2012
19:39:14 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Florescence bulbs also cause problems with people with "sensory
issues". Nothing like being a in a class room or lecture hall, with
the lights strobing to enhance the educational experience.

That makes you want to take a broom and smash all the bad bulbs.

For people on the spectrum - that's all florescent bulbs.

tschus
pyotr